Actually it took place in Kansas City, Kansas. It took me a long time to "remember" what painting my dad copied - . It was in the late 50's when he painted a reproduction of this painting you see. Prussian Soldier kept coming to mind when I looked at the old photo. My mom and brother are sitting on a couch I think, under the painting which my dad painted on a piece of plywood. He had painted it for my Uncle Bob and when they moved to California it was took big to bring with him. To this day I don't know where it ended up. My dad painted it in oils and I only have a black and white photo of it.
I did a google search using the words Prussion or Russian soldier and eventually found the painting my dad had copied from.
I did a google search using the words Prussion or Russian soldier and eventually found the painting my dad had copied from.

2 comments:
I think Eddie took it. In fact, I think I recall seeing it on a wall in his home before we moved to CA
Wow. Your Dad was really talented. It runs in the family.
Post a Comment