The other day we visited an arboretum in Arcadia, California.
It was a beautiful day and peacocks were there as usual - but this time we only saw two. I was able to get a few photos up close. One particular peacock let me get up pretty close but then a little girl around 4 came chasing after him trying to grab his tail and he was having nothing to do with it. I was afraid he would turn around and nip at her so I stepped forward to get her out of the way but her mother says she does this all the time. If I was the mother I would have told the little girl to leave the pretty bird alone as he obviously doesn't like it. The other peacock was up in a tree - can't blame him.
The third Tuesday of every month it is free to get in - We couldn't have asked for better weather and a lot of plants were in bloom - especially the cactus and succulants.
I figure will probably just go once every season. At first I thought why not go every month on the free day but it's an hour drive away so every 3 months or so is fine.
I see that the snow is continuing back east and in the midwest. I hope you get a break soon.
16 comments:
STUPID mother!!!!
I take it, you didn't SAY anything to the STUPID mother...
take me with you, the next time...
-grumble, grumble, grumble-
Ignorance ... no excuse! I see things like that all the time around birds on the beach or anywhere they gather and kids can go chase them. The parents are usually oblivious.
You got some wonderful close-ups! I've never been able to get good ones up close like this. You must be enjoying the weather! Rain may be coming for us soon...I hope.
Sandy, I'm very excited. We live very close to Arcadia and I didn't know they have a free day to get in. Can't wait to go and get some pictures.
I hope you get rain Laura - it doesn't sound like we will get much - ...clouds rolled in though tonight. Wanda - it was a nice day and even better when it's free. I forget you are in Baldwin Park now - i use to work near there...well I would deliver medical transcripts back to the doctor off of "Puente" ave off the 10. That was almost all through the 80's and mid 90's.
Tessa - i should have said something but i let it go.
So spectacular it takes my breath away you are a bird photographer forever more and you care, that makes it even more special, never stop dear Sandy, wow
So spectacular it takes my breath away you are a bird photographer forever more and you care, that makes it even more special, never stop dear Sandy, wow
and that Peacock it's pure magic, how can anyone doubt the existence of higher beings to create such majesty....oh my it's stunning, it's one the most beautiful movement I'VE EVER SEEN, oh bravo Sandy, bravo! and i agree all mothers should teach their children never to run after animals or birds of any kind but to let them come to them...I think it should go without saying. Some parents just don't think about the beauty and the fact that birds and peacock and what have you are living spirits, atta girl, never stop
thank you so much, for telling me how to "like" a photo found on Tumbler!!!!!
When we lived in Florida there was a bird sanctuary that we went to very often and I always so loved the peacocks ... these shots are magnificent Sandy ..
We have a winter storm brewing , we are ready for it ... hubby stocked up on food and wine ...LOL
I think we are supposed to get at least 13 inches of snow ...that is a lot!
It's a beautiful morning here and I am heading out on a run (jog)
Have a great day :)
Lorraine - thanks so much - glad you liked it.
Margie - I would have loved to see that bird sanctuary...and didn't know you lived in Florida! Hope the storm isn't too bad for you - glad you have lots of WINE and of course food. And enjoy your run. Right now I can hardly miss a day out at the lake because it's so beautiful.
Tessa - glad I could help! I love Tumbler and have spent (wasted) lots of time there when I could have been doing other things - same with pinterest.
Sandy, we lived in Panama City, Fl. when my hubby was stationed at Tyndall Air Force Base ...we were there for 3 years and them moved to Hampton, Va, Langley Air Force Base and then our last base was here in Colorado at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs ..
I loved the beaches in Florida and Virginia but heated the humidity.
Along the way of those places we lived in my dear hubby nearly died on me three times ...it's a long story and all I can say is "I am so thankful he is still here with me today!"
The storm is starting here now, looks like it's going to be a big one!
wow Margie - that was interesting to read where all u have lived but scary when you mentioned that about your husband. So glad he is still with you... you'll have to tell me about that some day. if you want that is.
Some people are just idioms. You dread thinking what their children will turn out like.
Your photos are wonderful, the colours are glorious.
Oooops meant idiots. It's the predictive text not me, honestly.
They have such an amazing display of feathers. So cool! Great photos!
thanks Winifred and Daisy.
Post a Comment