Friday, March 24, 2017

I LOVE MY "KEY" ROCK

It's a rock that has a place underneath it to hide a key.  I think I left it at the old house when we sold back in 2010.  I came across this photo recently and it reminded me of how much I liked having this rock sitting around.  I would normally leave it on a table over near some trees but sometimes had to move it because it would start eating all the leaves that fell and would become very grumpy from a tummy ache.

Anyway, seriously, how is your spring going?  I realize I don't post here much any more and I need to step it up again.  

I have so many photos from this winter that I'll probably never get posted - I didn't even get my fall 2016 photos posted.

I'm thinking I might sneak back some day and see if I can find my key rock.  Also, I know I left some wind chimes hanging out in the back patio - and also a horseshoe for good luck that I had hanging on a wood post on the front of the house.  I think I need to hijack my goodies.  No telling what else I will find that I forgot to pack.

6 comments:

Carol said...

That is an interesting rock. I would go get my stuff. Of course, I would tell the new owners what I was doing.

sandy said...

Hi Carol - Maybe some day when I'm near there I will stop in - but when I think of actually doing it - i don't think I could stand to go back - I lived there almost 30 years so a lot of bittersweet memories raising kids etc. i have purposely pretty much stayed away except in the last year I have driven by it a few times.

Winifred said...

That's a good post. People used to leave their keys under the doormat or on a string you pulled up through the letterbox when I was young. I don't think many people do that now for security reasons.
When people move out of a house here you have to say exactly what you are going to take, even the plants in the garden, if you don't it's assumed you are leaving everything. I always wanted to go back to get a peony rose my father in law gave us. Totally forgot about it as it was winter when we moved. However like you I didn't want to go back to the memories of our first house & where the children grew up.

cat's momma said...

What a great face on the rock! It would be so strange to go back there, wouldn't it, after so many things have happened with the neighbors and all, let alone the bittersweet memories.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your rock!! Our Spring has just started, maybe! LOL! I say maybe because you never know, we could still get snow!

Connie said...

Your rock has quite a personality. Ha! I would have mixed feelings about going back to where you lived before too.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)