We recently got back from Bend where we visited my son and his family. It was great seeing Mackenzie and Jake again, and fun to see how much they have grown in six months since we saw them last.
We expected clear weather in the 50's (as the weather report stated) for the week we were there, but instead was surprised by ice fog and light snow. It was cold, really cold, but beautiful. I've now visited there during three seasons, with the only one left to experience is "summer".
I did enjoy bundling up and walking around their neighborhood getting photos.
We expected clear weather in the 50's (as the weather report stated) for the week we were there, but instead was surprised by ice fog and light snow. It was cold, really cold, but beautiful. I've now visited there during three seasons, with the only one left to experience is "summer".
I did enjoy bundling up and walking around their neighborhood getting photos.
5 comments:
I know the snow fall is "slight" but the cold wasn't - they had a phenomenon happen for several days while we were there - "ice fog". The trees were gorgeously frosted on their tips and yet a few blocks away others had snow on the ground - when the sun came out it would melt fairly quickly. I got some gorgeous pics when we drove up towards Mt. Bachelor.
Glad to hear you got to see your son's family. This looks like a beautiful area. Nice pictures. I'm not sure if I've ever seen ice fog. I am tired of winter, but otherwise all is well here. :)
I love these pictures and it sure does look cold!
Wow! I didn't know they moved so far away and that you haven't seen them for 6 months. How have you been? I need to blog more and visit blogs. I still babysit 2 days a week and all the days they are sick and off school days. I am tired all the time. Need a vacation!
thanks all - nice to see you Brenda - yes the kids moved to Oregon and I miss them living close by. I only have one grandkid down here that I watch and that isn't very often.
Hope you get that vacation!
Post a Comment