I will be posting photos I took when we went up the highway a few thousand feet to visit an area where we use to own a cabin. This was back in 2002 to about 2004. The area has had two major forest fires since then plus has been devastated by Bark Beetle. We sold our cabin and I find it interesting that now we are retired and living farther down the mountain at about 5000 feet. Green Valley Lake is at 7,000 plus feet. They get much more snow than we do here.
I took photos of random cabins and also some familiar places while we were up there. This is just a random cabin we passed on the road.
I was really surprised at the barren-like mountain side - so many trees have been cut down due to bark beetle and many burned out due to forest fires. This particular area still looked healthy.
I took photos of random cabins and also some familiar places while we were up there. This is just a random cabin we passed on the road.
I was really surprised at the barren-like mountain side - so many trees have been cut down due to bark beetle and many burned out due to forest fires. This particular area still looked healthy.

4 comments:
I remember how difficult it was to get oxygen that high. ;)
What a charming ol' cabin, and I love how its warn blue complements the blue of the sky.
thanks both of you for the visit.
That's a pretty little cabin. It's a shame so many trees are lost to fires and to the bark beetle.
Post a Comment