One of my very favorite front porches in Claremont Ca - which I've posted various angles of before.
I'm looking forward to my sister coming in possibly in a week or so and I imagine we will be down in this area walking around and having lunch (or dinner).
I've been busy with visiting grandkids (and playing miniature golf with Mac and Jake yesterday) who are in from Oregon and also Cayden who lives down the mountain - His dad an Exec Sous Chef - the restaurant he works at opened a brand new one in Pasadena so we got to have a nice (free) dinner out last week for their Friends and Family night before their actual opening. I hadn't been in Pasadena in years and it's so different - lots of new buildings I don't remember. It would be a great place to hang out for the day and walk the city and neighborhoods - hopefully some other time in the near future when we have snow here but down the mountain it's a typical beautiful winter day in the 70's.
We have had beautiful weather and it's hard to stay inside or be on the laptop much. I have to be out this time of year to photograph all the pretty colors I see.
Hope whoever stops by here is having a good fall and enjoying themselves. I am trying to stay away from social media type sites for the most part because all the campaign stuff drives me crazy. It's getting vicious out there.
Pasadena city scenes
and family time at the lake
13 comments:
Some great photos there. Sounds like you've had some lovely times together too.
Oh, yes, I can see why that is your favorite front porch in Claremont! I would love it too. Can't wait to get there on Sunday for a few days of exploring places I haven't seen in so long.
Wow, would love to have the time to spend a day in Pasadena, but one would have to consider the traffic rush hour times which would limit the number of hours you could spend there without dealing with long, slow drives either way.
It looks so pretty at the lake! I hope the kids enjoyed it.
I love your photos! So happy you are having a great October! I'm not American, but we see what is going on and I agree it is getting vicious! Hugs!
Great photos, Sandy! I'm so tired of all the politics too. I can't wait for this election to be over with. Hope you have a nice visit with your sister.
Glad you are enjoying October♥
thanks everyone.
L, we were only at the lake a little bit - just for the kids to feed the ducks of which there were only 2 hanging out. Kind of boring for them, lol
don't you love the stonework on that house!
and the colors. it's lovely.
i'm glad you're enjoying autumn.
i am too.
though it will be back up to 90 next week they say!
that's fine. just give me a few of these heavenly COOL days! xo
Such beautiful scenes! Happy Friday ♥
That is a great porch. I have a special appreciation for porches, and you have captured it nicely here. Enjoy October!
It's so lovely to spend time with family - lovely scenes at the lake and gorgeous blue skies.
All the best Jan
Wonderful photos Sandy and the weather looks great too. It's been raining a lot here on Van. Island and I'm craving sunshine.
Are you not posting at your sketch blog anymore? I really enjoyed that blog.
PS I hope you and your sis have a lovely visit. You are blessed to have a sister.
I always wanted a sister, but I did have some wonderful friends over the years instead and my mom and I were like sisters too.
Lots of hugs😂
Hi Geraldine - yes I' m still posting but not too much. I actually hope to get a sketch done today.
thanks Jan.
thanks Pattie - still looking forward to trying that pasta with bacon and asparagus.
Hi Tammy - hope u have had a cool down. I love stone work too!
Post a Comment