We were over at Lake Arrowhead yesterday - but at the opposite side of the lake than we usually are.
In the background the buildings with red roofs is the village of Lake Arrowhead where we normally go but once in awhile I like to drive around and see what is happening on the other side. Last week when my sister was here we drove over there and again yesterday. I was surprised to see even in just a week how much the trees have turned gold.
Zooming in on an affluent neighorhood - which pretty much is an island in itself - there is no getting in on these streets unless you are welcomed in by security. All I can do is spy with my zoom lens and that will be as close as I"ll ever get to seeing this area.
6 comments:
Wow, the colors are so beautiful! I love the zoomed in photos of the opposite side of the lake too!
We had probably a good twelve hours or more of moderate rain from yesterday afternoon through the early morning hours. We desperately need it!
So beautiful!
Laura glad u got rain - i imagine the creek was flowing pretty good!
It definitely was beautiful, Martha. Thanks for visit.
Lovely pictures! What a scenic area. I can see why you would like to visit there.
I love it when you visit magical places!
the shot through the pine... stunning.
and it looks like my favorite kind of day... just a little cloudy or misty.
perfect autumn day.
our leaves haven't turned one bit!
well. yes. they're just all brown now.
no rain!
so these pictures mean even more.
thanks! ♥
Thanks for looking Connie and Tammy - it's a pretty nice area and good destination for a quick trip out for a few hours.
Wow Tammy - i hope you get rain. We have had a cloudy few days with rain forecasted but nothing much yet - although today we might get something.
Post a Comment