It's funny how out of the blue something will come to you that you didn't know you remembered.
I was thinking about my good friend Arlene who passed away in May 2010. We had been friends for over 20 years. She dealt with a lot of physical pain so had many challenges in her life - one of which was trying to stay positive in the face of pain and limitation.
One day on the phone about five years into our friendship she excitedly recited this little poem she had come up with. I can't believe I remembered it after all these years.
"I can fly, I can soar
Says the Being I adore
When? I ask, if not today
When you give your love away.
(Photo taken at Avila off of Old Port).
Arlene had a gift of always being able to make others' feel better about themselves when they were facing their own challenges. I realized again today how much I miss her. She was good at giving her love away to others because she always felt that the more love she handed out - the more love came back to her.
I was thinking about my good friend Arlene who passed away in May 2010. We had been friends for over 20 years. She dealt with a lot of physical pain so had many challenges in her life - one of which was trying to stay positive in the face of pain and limitation.
One day on the phone about five years into our friendship she excitedly recited this little poem she had come up with. I can't believe I remembered it after all these years.
"I can fly, I can soar
Says the Being I adore
When? I ask, if not today
When you give your love away.
(Photo taken at Avila off of Old Port).
Arlene had a gift of always being able to make others' feel better about themselves when they were facing their own challenges. I realized again today how much I miss her. She was good at giving her love away to others because she always felt that the more love she handed out - the more love came back to her.
3 comments:
That's a beautiful photo and a sweet memory of your friend. Thank you for sharing her poem.
I never remember hearing that from her before and I love it! Also, great photo from Avila too. Arlene must have been hanging around you and nudging you to remember that poem.
Your friend must have been a wonderful person and I know you must miss her a great deal.
I love the poem and that photo is beautiful!
Post a Comment