Decided even if we don't have family visiting up here on Christmas day I'll decorate anyway for Mike and I. I use to get depressed - too much to do, so little time, too many tapes to transcribe to meet my job commitments, too many nights out trying to find toys for the "kids" , grocery lists to figure out, family to invite and who was and wasn't coming that I never got to sit back and enjoy the holidays.
Now two of my sons and their families live too far away to celebrate on Christmas day, one lives about an hour away but usually has commitments with his wife's family and one is working on Christmas day.
I do have my one son and grandkids coming in from the Bay area next weekend for a few days - and then my niece and her family coming in the week after New Years. So, I will have people visit us up in our little tree house.
I enjoyed decorating today and then sitting upstairs drinking egg nog and listening to music. I like that I have time now to enjoy the season and contemplate the reason.
I love all the windows and the light reflections. It feels magical to me.
Have you decorated yet - are you going to - or do you not do that anymore, just curious.
Now two of my sons and their families live too far away to celebrate on Christmas day, one lives about an hour away but usually has commitments with his wife's family and one is working on Christmas day.
I do have my one son and grandkids coming in from the Bay area next weekend for a few days - and then my niece and her family coming in the week after New Years. So, I will have people visit us up in our little tree house.
I enjoyed decorating today and then sitting upstairs drinking egg nog and listening to music. I like that I have time now to enjoy the season and contemplate the reason.
I love all the windows and the light reflections. It feels magical to me.
Have you decorated yet - are you going to - or do you not do that anymore, just curious.











9 comments:
It looks so beautiful and cheery and I think it would be cool to be there on Christmas! Don't think it would go over too well at this end though. There is a chance we could drive up next week for a couple days! But I don't know yet. Not decorating here.
Wish you could drive up - following the weather - i read Tuesday is going to be the coldest of all days although i don't think there will be snow but with the cold temps i don't think any snow is going to melt very quickly - might not be safe to drive here. have to keep an eye on weather.
It all looks so lovely, Sandy. I hope you have a nice holiday season. We will decorate here but probably not for another week.
Your place looks beautiful.
Sandy, do you remember me? Wanda from Brushstrokes, and Wanda's Art Challenge?
Lots of time has past, but last night I dreamed about Crusty Crone..Out of nowhere there she was in my dream with the sketch of that lady and her dog.. I miss her and you. When I got up this morning I put in her old blog address, and it was still there, just like she left it.
Life and death are strange bedfellows, and the older I get the more I realize it.
Last summer had the blessing of a new grandson...makes 12. I have a new blog called "Got a Minute or Two"..... I'd love to have your stop by.
Merry Christmas, and blessing to you and your family.
Love and Hugs
Wanda
BTW ~~ I forgot to comment on how lovely all your festive Christmas decorations are. Love this time of year.
thanks everyone - Hi Wanda - yes of course I remember you - I had left a comment on your new blog a few times about two months ago. Great hearing from you again. Odd dream about Crusty - kind of nice you saw her in a dream.
Happy holidays to you and every body
Funny Sandy, that I never saw a picture of Crusty, I guess my mind must have made one up from all she shared with us..It just hit me I had never seen a picture of her,but I knew it was her in my dream. I remember seeing pictures of her grandsons.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
this is fascinating Wanda - loved reading of your experience. thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment