I never tired of reading anything to do with John Muir - I've bookmarked so many sites - been to a couple museums where his work and journals were showcased - one up in Bend, Oregon, another down here locally. I've taken photos of his journal pages especially his nature sketches, flowers, mountains, etc.
When I saw the lake the other day and took this photo it reminded me of his love of nature and I could just imagine him sketching this scene. I love how the level of the water is rising at the lake due to the snow pact we've had recently. The wide shoreline is disappearing - where just a few months ago you could walk right at the water's edge - now it's necessary to walk the trail above it. I love the mossy green water. I love the lake. I love the mountains. However, a day here and there in 70 degree weather is something I also love - so when I need that we drive down the mountain. The days aren't that cold but the nights are chilly. It almost feels like spring would be here soon but with two more months of winter i'm sure we will get more snow.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life."
John Muir
I'm looking forward to 2014 - Happy coming New Year to you.
When I saw the lake the other day and took this photo it reminded me of his love of nature and I could just imagine him sketching this scene. I love how the level of the water is rising at the lake due to the snow pact we've had recently. The wide shoreline is disappearing - where just a few months ago you could walk right at the water's edge - now it's necessary to walk the trail above it. I love the mossy green water. I love the lake. I love the mountains. However, a day here and there in 70 degree weather is something I also love - so when I need that we drive down the mountain. The days aren't that cold but the nights are chilly. It almost feels like spring would be here soon but with two more months of winter i'm sure we will get more snow.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life."
John Muir
I'm looking forward to 2014 - Happy coming New Year to you.

3 comments:
Wow, a beautiful photograph! And I bet spring is going to be beautiful up there!
Happy New Year!
I love this photo, Sandy. It is so beautiful. What a peaceful spot! Wishing you all the best in 2014!
That photo is so peaceful and beautiful. Love it!
Post a Comment