Sunday, July 3, 2016

HOLIDAY WEEKEND


I feel like a walk in Claremont today but that would mean fighting traffic that is up and down the mountain this holiday weekend.  Last night was the fireworks show here at Lake Gregory.




Lake Gregory's fireworks show was last night.

Lake Arrowhead's show is tonight.

Big Bear Lake show is tomorrow.

and I'm staying home and avoiding traffic jams - it is absolutely crazy up here.




The orioles have returned and I'm really hoping I'll see them again today and that the fireworks loud display (boom boom for 20 minutes) didn't scare them away.





I would love to see the fireworks in Big Bear but it will be way too crowded to try and go up there however, we did get up there this last Thursday.  It was beautiful and even started to rain right as we were leaving.

Using the Three Bears Story -The size of our local lakes would be....


Lake Gregory - little bear.  (where we live)

Lake Arrowhead - Mama Bear (where we love the village)


Big Bear Lake - Big Papa Bear. (Where I love the open skies and am always looking for a new place to move to up here)






We had our grandson Cayden with us.





6 comments:

cat's momma said...

They sky looks so beautiful up there, and I am sure Cayden enjoyed it all. Love that corner house and looking down the street from that angle in Claremont! We walked in town this morning and it was so quiet there...I think most everyone is at the beaches this weekend where we are keeping away from. We walked in AG village and went to farmers' market there yesterday. It had a wonderful feel about it, walking in nice cool weather with pretty skies and I enjoyed the busy-ness of it all.

Lux G. said...

Looks like the perfect day for the holiday. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July sweetie, wonderful photos, i'm blogging everyday now and I will visit everyday now, and I'm keeping my second blog called Cash and Catch L although I'm changing the format, you may be surprised at the amazing thing I'll sell, but you don't have to buy, you can do window shopping...lol and I'm back full time

sandy said...

Hi Laura - sounds like everyone was at the beach when you walked - i would have thought AG would have been crowded even with tourists wanting to see those beautiful roosters who strut around town. The most noise I've heard are sirens - almost constantly - either rescueing someone at the lake - stopping a vegetation fire or a traffic accident on the rim. Tons of people in these little villages. We drove over to Lake Arrowhead yesterday and couldn't believe people parking a few miles away to walk to the lake for their 4th of july show. And if you wanted a sure thing - u needed to get your chairs in place before noon.

thanks Lux. Temp and clouds made it a perfect day.

Lorraine - gotta get back in the habit of visiting you - there was a dry streak for a long time - glad to see u are blogging again.

tammy j said...

i'm walking for my health every early morning now.
i'm just wondering how it would be to walk and have those views!!!
in my mind.
in my mind.
not as good as real life.
but thanks to your blog...
in my mind!
xoxo♥
happy 4th!

Connie said...

Big Bear Lake looks beautiful. I can understand why you'd like to live near there. I enjoy watching the fireworks, but I don't enjoy the crowds and the traffic, so we don't usually go to them anymore. We used to go when our sons were kids.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)