I was looking through some photos from last fall taken in Atascadero. I never noticed this particular thing until now. Do you see it?
Something interesting from Wikipedia -...Atascadero is a Spanish word loosely translated as bog from the verb "atascar" which means to become stuck or hindered. Also, in the Chumash language, Atascadero translates into a place of much water.
Can't quite figure out why the name is translated to mean a place of much water. With the drought the lake their has been really in need of water. I do think they got some finally this year after being dry for the last few years. This is a beautiful town to visit in the fall - along with Paso Robles, Templeton, Santa Margarita - all of them up the 101 from San Luis Obispo where I love to visit my sister.
A few more of colorful trees in town - and I posted one photo of the kitting store before but here's another one. Kind of a cute place.
Something interesting from Wikipedia -...Atascadero is a Spanish word loosely translated as bog from the verb "atascar" which means to become stuck or hindered. Also, in the Chumash language, Atascadero translates into a place of much water.
Can't quite figure out why the name is translated to mean a place of much water. With the drought the lake their has been really in need of water. I do think they got some finally this year after being dry for the last few years. This is a beautiful town to visit in the fall - along with Paso Robles, Templeton, Santa Margarita - all of them up the 101 from San Luis Obispo where I love to visit my sister.
A few more of colorful trees in town - and I posted one photo of the kitting store before but here's another one. Kind of a cute place.
6 comments:
Beautiful color in these trees. I like all the bright oranges and reds. That is a cute little store there.
I have no idea what you see that I'm not seeing! Answer, please!
It's what the van is advertising, made laugh that I didn't see it before.
Funny what is on the van! LOL! Gorgeous area!!
I did see what it said on the van, but I wasn't sure if that was what you were talking about.
What a fabulously colored street! How could anyone have a bad day when they have this to behold? Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment