Thursday, February 21, 2013

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY IT

But I actually love when it snows.  I don't like the fact that we have to drive somewhere else if we want to walk when it's really cold and slushy, but that doesn't happen that often.  I love the way it looks and I love the fact that even though the house can get cold if we don't run the heat a lot, it is insulated really well so our gas bill this month was only about 70 and our electric was about the same, 60 bucks.  And we certainly run it enough that the house is warm when we want it to be.  We had a bigger snow drop than last time but nothing like they were predicting.  I would estimate between 5 and 7 to 8" in places. 

I finally found my camel- I had been looking in boxes for various things I wanted to find and at least did find this.


My little cactus plants look healthy after a year and a half but they haven't grown much.  I lost most of the plants i brought up from down below where I lived.  I'm glad I at least have these. 

Here are a few shots around the neighborhood.


  

My speed is really slow loading so I'll post these two photos and do more later.  I think we start a new billing cycle tomorrow so I should be up to full speed ahead again.  We are so limited with the internet providers we can get up here and I think we have the best that is offered but we still get our speed knocked down when we go over the allotted download/upload....thingy..


 

6 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Good afternoon Sandy. Your pictures are so pretty. I love the red house peeking through all that white.

And that camel!! Love it. There must be a story and maybe I read it but I forget. Perhaps you could nudge me with a reminder???

And finally the cacti/succulents. I recognize all of them from my succulent garden. I've worried about them over the winter here and bought covers for them. So far, I haven't lost any but then it doesn't snow here either.

Connie said...

Your camel is cute--so whimsical! I'm glad you are enjoying the snow. I guess I can't really say that I enjoy it because I always have to get out in it to shovel it and drive in it, but it does look pretty on the trees.

sandy said...

HI Annie - the story of the camel is that i found it in a thrift store about 5 years ago. I've never since then, or before that, seen a camel statue anywhere. If I remember right , the price was 99 cents. I scooped it up and it was on the bookcase in my bedroom in Alta Loma where I lived before I sold the house. I packed it away and haven't seen it for almost two years and almost forgot I had it. Not much of a story, ha. Thanks for the visit.

Hi Daisy - if I had to go to work I wouldn't love it - ...I go shovel just for exercise. Mike does the driveway and I do some of the deck. I figure it burns some calories and i am always amazed how not that cold it is when you are out working in it.

I don't mind walking in the snow and cold temps - it's when we get a wind that the temps drop to so cold my ears hurt when I walk.

sandy said...

about the cactus - I bought these a few years back after we sold the house and moved to our last hour before this one. They were in the kitchen at that house. Makes me want to post a photo which I will after I find it. They have made it through hot summers down below and frigid temps up here, but i do bring them in during the winter. I also bought some new succulants and cactus plants for my kitchen window. Cactus and succulants are my favorite plants ever!

Annie Jeffries said...

I was charmed by the little camel story,Sandy. I've had thrift shop items grab my heart like that too. Thanks!

sandy said...

Thanks Annie! We went today to a thrift store in the high desert. I wanted to find bird feeders. Instead I found a wonderful wood carved goose which holds things in its' middle. It was 50 percent off day so I got it for 2.50. I think I can do something with this.

Also I got a really cool absolutely brand new down filled vest for less than 4.00 dollars and a nice jacket for about the same price. I'll wash them up tomorrow and be happy as can be when I hike in my new gear, ha.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)