Wednesday, December 9, 2015

RANDOM PHOTOS FROM THANKSGIVING WEEK TRIP



Leaving soon for a walk while our weather is still nice - ...snow is coming by the weekend I think.
  Horse in Santa Margarita and a few backyards.  Santa Margarita is up the coast from San Luis Obispo about 20 minutes - beautiful area and a wonderful walk.
Pelicans at Old Port - Avila Beach area.
Arroyo Grande Roosters - who own the town and walk about freely.
My cute great niece Hannah with Strider who recently had quite a bout with renal disease and lost tons of weight - he is doing better though.   Hannah's family (my niece Erin) has a beautiful little home with a great view out her back yard - I didn't post a pic but also has a peak of the ocean which I'm very envious of.

















15 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE Roosters and Chickens---And those very sweet Pelicans. That Horse is soooo very Beautiful, and Strider is looking very good, considering he has been so ill---The Loving Hannah has helped bring him back with her love, I'm sure!!!

cat's momma said...

The first rooster/chicken photo ... I think that's the mayor of Arroyo Grande! Looks as if it owns the place. lol
Wow, your photos came out so good....love the one where off to the left of center that tree is lit up by the sun...they're all good!

sandy said...

Thanks Naomi! Strider is doing so good - he was very very ill and has made a good comeback - Hannah's love has definitely helped. Hope all is well . I bet the "Hills" are beautiful this time of year.

sandy said...

HAHA - the Mayor - I love it! I will now begin to call him "The Mayor" thanks to you. I may have to sketch him out.

Connie said...

What great pictures! I love how colorful they all are. Neat pictures of the pelicans and roosters. The pictures of Hannah and Strider are very sweet.

cat's momma said...

Sandy, I think the "Mayor" has the potential to be a very interesting character. Since he likes to travel and visit different areas, I wouldn't be surprised if he heads up to the mountains in So. Calif. just to see what it's like up there and how welcome chickens and roosters are. He is a curious fella, you know.

cat's momma said...

Sandy, I think the "Mayor" has the potential to be a very interesting character. Since he likes to travel and visit different areas, I wouldn't be surprised if he heads up to the mountains in So. Calif. just to see what it's like up there and how welcome chickens and roosters are. He is a curious fella, you know.

sandy said...

hahaha, ya never know - ....either myself or you might make it happen.

sandy said...

double dare you.

sandy said...

the roosters were so fun to watch. I will probably post more unless i put them elsewhere. I think Hannah and Strider look sweet also.

Linda said...

I love every single thing here, Sandy, and I love your perspective in these lovely views!

sandy said...

thanks Linda.

Dave said...

Great pictures and I especially like the chicken shots.

sandy said...

thanks Dave! I ended up with so many photos of these birds! They were fun to watch.

Geraldine Helen said...

what adorable photos, I think I like the horse one most of all. love your new header too Sandy. Have a magical, memorable holiday season!!! G

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)