"Mike - turn here, I see a red house. I want to get a photo of it because I might sketch it some day."
I have quite a collection of red house photos that will be posted in "parts". Some day when it's cold and rainy and I'm stuck inside I might start my sketches. For now I will continue to snap a picture every time we pass one.
Here are a few I have taken along the way - they are all up in the general area and possibly a few might have been taken when I visit my sister.
Most are "cabin-y" red/orange - or a few are more traditional houses. Some invite more than one angle because to me they are so charming. For future reference for myself, I will try and write where I saw them. I think I remember each and every one.
This top one was in Rim Forest - a little town a mile or so up the highway from where I am - we took a side road called Strawberry Lane and I found some roosters and chickens in one of the backyards on this road. But, we passed this little red house on the way to the rooster house.
This next one was in Arrowbear across from their little seasonal lake which is just past Running Springs.
This one was here in town just across the lake and up a side road. I guess I thought at the time it deserved a two photo - spread, lol
This one is a little orange red cabin right down the road from mine - i see it every day as we pass by it to go to the lake.
It was the first red cabin that caught my eye when we came up to look around this area wth the idea of moving here.
I didn't know at the time I would be living just up the road from it.
Ahh, my favorite area to walk - a mix of old and older houses. I always love peeking up to see this red house when we drive by - or walk in this area. This neighborhood for some reason reminds me of my childhood - maybe it's because of the very small town feel. I just don't know why it "stirs" my senses to walk here. And, forget it - I'm drawn in especially on a Sunday if I smell bacon being cooked in one of these houses.
Ahh - the long as* walk that nearly did us in - From the post office in our town to another town called Valley of Enchantment which is probably about a 4 mile round trip but all up hill coming back. I loved this red house - we had taken a dirt path behind the house instead of walking on a very busy road and the walk down was heavenly - the walk back up was hell.
Another view
A small red one turning from town up the road to home.
More later.
I have quite a collection of red house photos that will be posted in "parts". Some day when it's cold and rainy and I'm stuck inside I might start my sketches. For now I will continue to snap a picture every time we pass one.
Here are a few I have taken along the way - they are all up in the general area and possibly a few might have been taken when I visit my sister.
Most are "cabin-y" red/orange - or a few are more traditional houses. Some invite more than one angle because to me they are so charming. For future reference for myself, I will try and write where I saw them. I think I remember each and every one.
This top one was in Rim Forest - a little town a mile or so up the highway from where I am - we took a side road called Strawberry Lane and I found some roosters and chickens in one of the backyards on this road. But, we passed this little red house on the way to the rooster house.
This next one was in Arrowbear across from their little seasonal lake which is just past Running Springs.
This one was here in town just across the lake and up a side road. I guess I thought at the time it deserved a two photo - spread, lol
This one is a little orange red cabin right down the road from mine - i see it every day as we pass by it to go to the lake.
It was the first red cabin that caught my eye when we came up to look around this area wth the idea of moving here.
I didn't know at the time I would be living just up the road from it.
Ahh, my favorite area to walk - a mix of old and older houses. I always love peeking up to see this red house when we drive by - or walk in this area. This neighborhood for some reason reminds me of my childhood - maybe it's because of the very small town feel. I just don't know why it "stirs" my senses to walk here. And, forget it - I'm drawn in especially on a Sunday if I smell bacon being cooked in one of these houses.
Ahh - the long as* walk that nearly did us in - From the post office in our town to another town called Valley of Enchantment which is probably about a 4 mile round trip but all up hill coming back. I loved this red house - we had taken a dirt path behind the house instead of walking on a very busy road and the walk down was heavenly - the walk back up was hell.
Another view
A small red one turning from town up the road to home.
More later.
2 comments:
Those red houses are charming. I rarely see any red houses around here. Neat pictures. I hope you do sketch them someday.
I certainly understand the stirring of your senses in the walks around the neighborhoods!
Post a Comment