This is a walk I will take a few times in the fall and winter when I need a break from the mountains. Right now though, they will be approaching 100 plus in the next few days and into next week.
I took these photos on a walk on February 6, 2009 - and just starting editing the folder.
Riverside is an area we use to walk in quite a bit and also would hike up Rubidoux mountain where when you reached the top there would be a cross.
And on another note. Ever since Father's Day when I was looking at photos of my dad I have been missing his cartoons. After my mom died my father and I and sometimes my sister Laura - would send cartoons to each other. My dad was a pretty talented artist and I think of all his paintings and drawings he did - the most enjoyment I would get out of them were his cartoons. A lot of times he would draw on the outside of an envelope he was sending to me with a letter inside. I've mentioned this in the past on either this blog or other blogs I have since taken off line and in fact have probably posted this cartoon before. But I'm feeling sentimental about him today so thought I would post this again.
He was making fun of my loving to read back in the day - I would read even while cooking if I was into a good novel - standing at the stove - book in one hand and watching and stirring whatever needed to be at the time. He lived with us for awhile and definitely witnessed my obsession with books...and he always made me look so attractive in his cartoons, lol. Not sure what son this one is portraying as all my sons are 6' and over. This one looks pretty short.
I took these photos on a walk on February 6, 2009 - and just starting editing the folder.
Riverside is an area we use to walk in quite a bit and also would hike up Rubidoux mountain where when you reached the top there would be a cross.
And on another note. Ever since Father's Day when I was looking at photos of my dad I have been missing his cartoons. After my mom died my father and I and sometimes my sister Laura - would send cartoons to each other. My dad was a pretty talented artist and I think of all his paintings and drawings he did - the most enjoyment I would get out of them were his cartoons. A lot of times he would draw on the outside of an envelope he was sending to me with a letter inside. I've mentioned this in the past on either this blog or other blogs I have since taken off line and in fact have probably posted this cartoon before. But I'm feeling sentimental about him today so thought I would post this again.
He was making fun of my loving to read back in the day - I would read even while cooking if I was into a good novel - standing at the stove - book in one hand and watching and stirring whatever needed to be at the time. He lived with us for awhile and definitely witnessed my obsession with books...and he always made me look so attractive in his cartoons, lol. Not sure what son this one is portraying as all my sons are 6' and over. This one looks pretty short.




5 comments:
I do not remember this cartoon at all! He did send some really wonderful ones and it was fun doing it back and forth.
That house is absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about it.
i like it too. Oh yes - i miss those cartoons of his.
Pretty house. I love the round porch area. Cute cartoon-haha!
oh sandy.
what a gift he left you!
love this memory.
Honestly, Sandy, you find some of the most remarkable homes. I love this place.
Post a Comment