I've been fixated for a long time on city scenes - I love to google map travel to different cities and often save off print screen captures of scenes that i like.
So....driving into Seattle was especially exciting for me to see it in person. We live outside of Los Angeles about an hour and a half away with a good flow of traffic - but we rarely ever go into the city - in fact I haven't been for several years, only passing and seeing the skyline while on a freeway.
I took a lot of photos which I plan to post but I'm still recuperating from being on a different schedule and out of my element for a week. We took the late flight home (much cheaper) from Seattle to Ontario and still had to drive up the mountain so we didn't get home until after 1:00 and I couldn't get to sleep until after 3:00 and then back up at 8. I suppose in a few days I'll have my normal energy level back.
All I felt like posting today was one photo. It's good to be back but it would be good to spend a week touring just Seattle.
It was a weekend when we were in the city and the crowds were thick and you had to take baby steps if you got caught behind someone. We made it to Pike's Market but finally left and I didn't get to see the space needle in person - maybe next time.
So....driving into Seattle was especially exciting for me to see it in person. We live outside of Los Angeles about an hour and a half away with a good flow of traffic - but we rarely ever go into the city - in fact I haven't been for several years, only passing and seeing the skyline while on a freeway.
I took a lot of photos which I plan to post but I'm still recuperating from being on a different schedule and out of my element for a week. We took the late flight home (much cheaper) from Seattle to Ontario and still had to drive up the mountain so we didn't get home until after 1:00 and I couldn't get to sleep until after 3:00 and then back up at 8. I suppose in a few days I'll have my normal energy level back.
All I felt like posting today was one photo. It's good to be back but it would be good to spend a week touring just Seattle.
It was a weekend when we were in the city and the crowds were thick and you had to take baby steps if you got caught behind someone. We made it to Pike's Market but finally left and I didn't get to see the space needle in person - maybe next time.
3 comments:
Nice skyline! Looking forward to seeing your photos from the trip.
Did you receive anything from me in the mail? Should have gotten there by Tuesday or Wednesday.
wow.
makes me tired just hearing about it!
not sure I have the stamina for traveling anymore. but I love seeing it through you eyes.
rest up! ♥
It is neat to "explore" a place through Google maps first and then see it in person. I've done the same thing. Cool photo. I hope you are rested up by now. Sounds like it was a busy time for you.
Post a Comment