I need to get back to posting front porches because I have so many in my files.
I forget what I have and haven't posted so hope it's not a repeat.
Yesterday we drove by where the "Pilot" fire burned a month ago. It was very sad to see this huge area in the high desert burned out.
Next trip out will probably be through the area where the huge "Blue Cut" fire burned also within the last month.
This area below - you can see part of the mountains above his house in the distance were burned and this goes for miles and miles - but they saved so many structures. You can see the red retardant they used to control the fire and contain it so a lot of the surrounding desert was spared in this area.
Miles of land burnt through this area.
6 comments:
I do believe if it hadn't been a cloudy looking day the fire destruction would look much worse and rather ugly, but somehow your photos make it just look kind of beautiful if you don't think about the destruction so much. Weird!
So very sad, all the burned out areas!! Amazing photos!
Really sad to see so much land burnt out... Thanks for you beautiful photos♥
summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com
That is such a pretty house. It's sad to see so much area that has burned.
fire is so devastating.
and it seems to take forever for land to get back to normal.
but i agree with cat's momma...
in your pictures it has great beauty.
thanks all.
Post a Comment