I have a feeling I could go to any county fair in the country and see a lot of the same food vendors.
It was suppose to be in the 80's but it was in the 90's with humidity and I couldn't take more than about 3 hours and then we left. I saw what I wanted to see which was some art, textile creations, gardens, a few birds and we never did walk into any of the enclosed exhibits in the big buildings other than the one that houses the art and quilts, etc.
It's amazing the amount of work that goes into setting up exhibits and getting it ready. I really appreciate the people who work at this so others can enjoy it. If it wasn't for the heat I would have stayed longer. There were really no crowds to speak of and easy to get around.
On exhibit was artists who had painted scenes from the county fair. This top one was my favorite.
Here is where you can go to get Indian Henna art painted on you.
I rarely eat any food at the fair - but I can't pass up pics of these peppers and onions cooking.
Some flower exhibits . The theme in the garden this year was "Watercolors" so a lot of the exhibits looked like watercolor paintings and there were various watercolors hung on walls.
A favorite of mine are the orchid displays in the garden area. I took way too many photos of them.
One of many areas outside the building where the indoor gardens and rain forest was. They actually have a rain forest that runs through the middle of the displays. There was water sprayed on the plants from above and although pretty it made it humid.
I always love the textile sections where the quilts are and the needlepoint etc.
It was suppose to be in the 80's but it was in the 90's with humidity and I couldn't take more than about 3 hours and then we left. I saw what I wanted to see which was some art, textile creations, gardens, a few birds and we never did walk into any of the enclosed exhibits in the big buildings other than the one that houses the art and quilts, etc.
It's amazing the amount of work that goes into setting up exhibits and getting it ready. I really appreciate the people who work at this so others can enjoy it. If it wasn't for the heat I would have stayed longer. There were really no crowds to speak of and easy to get around.
On exhibit was artists who had painted scenes from the county fair. This top one was my favorite.
Here is where you can go to get Indian Henna art painted on you.
I rarely eat any food at the fair - but I can't pass up pics of these peppers and onions cooking.
Some flower exhibits . The theme in the garden this year was "Watercolors" so a lot of the exhibits looked like watercolor paintings and there were various watercolors hung on walls.
A favorite of mine are the orchid displays in the garden area. I took way too many photos of them.
One of many areas outside the building where the indoor gardens and rain forest was. They actually have a rain forest that runs through the middle of the displays. There was water sprayed on the plants from above and although pretty it made it humid.
I always love the textile sections where the quilts are and the needlepoint etc.
7 comments:
Wow, love all the colorful photos and that painting at the top is so beautiful! Great that it wasn't crowded...but the nineties would have done me in within an hour! Everytime the MidState Fair comes to town, it is the beginning of 100 degree weather in Paso Robles and those areas! I went once and the heat was horrible and the parking was ridiculous. Not enough parking, so people were selling parking spaces right in their yards. They were raking the money in...lol
Oh how fun....thank you for sharing the fair. I can't remember the last time I was at a fair...no long. They are so fun, and so much to see. Thanks for giving me a little taste....Did you get a Tattoo?
Too bad about it so hot when Paso has their county fair, would be nice to see. Hi Wanda - ...No, didn't get a tattoo,lol. I think maybe about once every five years or so is good for me - to go to the county fair. Pretty much the same thing every year I imagine.
So much to see there! I always enjoy fairs too, although I haven't been to one for several years. I enjoyed your photos. So colorful and pretty.
I love your description of the fair!
I also only go (if I ever go!) to see exactly what you described.
but
I do eat the food. although I've never had a fried twinkie or snickers.
I also love to walk in the horse barn.
we're very big into horses in this state. it's quarter horse country.
and they're so beautiful.
but like yours... here it's always in the 90's too. fairs to me should be cool and crisp enough for a sweater at least!
thanks all. Tammy - it was so hot I could stand the idea of going through the livestock areas but I love the horses too - I wish some time to go when it is in the 70's but that won't happen;)
I would love to go to this fair! I'm sorry it was so hot!!
Post a Comment