We were in Parker a few days ago for a get away. My parents built a small modest retirement home there. Well it even looks smaller - someone came in and built a huge house right next door. I doubt my parents would have liked that. In fact, there might have been a war between my dad and these people who built this big two story so close to their little bungalow. I was shocked as we rounded the corner to their place.
I use to love visiting the little house in Parker with my four little guys. We all slept in the bedroom to the right front - this was in the 80's. After my mom died in 85 my dad met another woman and they sold the place. I've often wondered what would happen if I came to Parker and found this little white place for rent - would I be tempted? No - not in the least - it would be too bittersweet to live there.
Whoever moved in recently in the last several years appears to love cactus and kokopelli.
I use to love visiting the little house in Parker with my four little guys. We all slept in the bedroom to the right front - this was in the 80's. After my mom died in 85 my dad met another woman and they sold the place. I've often wondered what would happen if I came to Parker and found this little white place for rent - would I be tempted? No - not in the least - it would be too bittersweet to live there.
Whoever moved in recently in the last several years appears to love cactus and kokopelli.
6 comments:
this is Parker, Arizona - near the Colorado River - Lake Havasu is about 30 miles up the freeway from here.
At least there is no lawn to cut.
My word! That yellow house is very close. I wouldn't have wanted it built so close if it were my home.
It doesn't even look like the same place without the covered patio in front. :(
It's nice to see though that the house is being well cared for. I like the xeriscape.
Love that you still have a place to see that brings back memories...even if the neighbors kind of spoiled them for you by building those homes next door. They really don't look like they go with the scenery.
Post a Comment