But
before posting the scenes - here are a few pics of some of my grandkids in their halloween costumes.
First is Mackenzie as a witch and Jacob (in the middle) and the little one to the right I don't know)
Jacob was a mailman, lol.
Then Hunter as scream and Cayden as headless horseman.
They came up and went through our little town the week before Halloween as the towns merchants hand out candy
Posting some scenes in town and then on the way to Big Bear. We took a little road trip the other day, Nov 2 to be exact - Went to Big Bear and then decided to take a highway we've never been on - hwy 38 over to Oak Glen. It was a great drive.
These photos are just the ones as we left town to go up to Big Bear.
Below is the water slide at the lake - and the wonderful colors of the trees.
Below is looking towards our only grocery store in the foreground and the beautiful new library in the background - When you walk into the library Floor to ceiling windows face the lake. I could stay there all day, but I actually rarely go. It's so beautiful.
Just some scenes going to Big Bear.
I would love to live in this house below.
A mountain cottage selling furniture and accessories.
At the very top of the photo are a few snow covered trees. This was the first snow in the area last week.
These are just a few of the many photos i took.
before posting the scenes - here are a few pics of some of my grandkids in their halloween costumes.
First is Mackenzie as a witch and Jacob (in the middle) and the little one to the right I don't know)
Jacob was a mailman, lol.
Then Hunter as scream and Cayden as headless horseman.
They came up and went through our little town the week before Halloween as the towns merchants hand out candy
Posting some scenes in town and then on the way to Big Bear. We took a little road trip the other day, Nov 2 to be exact - Went to Big Bear and then decided to take a highway we've never been on - hwy 38 over to Oak Glen. It was a great drive.
These photos are just the ones as we left town to go up to Big Bear.
Below is the water slide at the lake - and the wonderful colors of the trees.
Below is looking towards our only grocery store in the foreground and the beautiful new library in the background - When you walk into the library Floor to ceiling windows face the lake. I could stay there all day, but I actually rarely go. It's so beautiful.
Just some scenes going to Big Bear.
I would love to live in this house below.
A mountain cottage selling furniture and accessories.
At the very top of the photo are a few snow covered trees. This was the first snow in the area last week.


6 comments:
Wow, lots of great photos of the area and you'd never know there was a California drought, looking at these! Love the kids costumes too...;0
You are right! Those pictures certainly don't look like a drought is in progress at all. We also went to Oak Glen recently. My daughter and her husband took us to a Hoedown and Riley's Ranch. We have been there once before..but the family apparently split the activity in half..some sort of family disagreement..not sure..but it's changed a lot according to my daughter, who has gone nearly every year. The stage play this year was The Legend of Sleepy Hallow. :) I had to smile when I saw your little Grands in those costumes!
In all these years, I don't think I have ever met anyone on a personal basis that lived in the Mountains full time. :) You don't have to drive back and forth to work or anything, do you? You are probably not retired yet..but now that I think more about it, I do know a family that I knew for years that moved to Big Bear area. Their last name is Mertz. Actually there have been several.
It looks like the highway has been improved ..but it is still a two lane.
I just may try to drive it one day. :)
I love looking at the pictures. In the summertime, to look down into the valley at the smog bowl..used to make me sick. Of course we live way over in the heart of Riverside. I love looking up at the snow in the Winter. I am praying for a lot of snow this year. A good snow pack would do wonders.
Again..thank you SO much for posting those pictures of HOME. Finding someone from out area is not easy..we just sort of bump into one another..
like meeting an old friend. :)
Mona
Hi Laura doesn't look at all like drought up here. Soon though, with the first frost a lot of the area will look kind of ugh...well not that good, like going up the road to Green Valley Lake - I remember last year not pretty...We went up there today and it is gorgeous! Went to Running Springs and GVL. Wonderful day out.
Hi Mona - we are retired - we retired early in 2006. We do commute down the hill once every two weeks to pick up a grandson. Sometimes more, when we go to Costco or Target, plus we love to go to Redlands and walk - near down town...and we use to always hike the mountain at Rubidoux at least once a year. I actually love Riverside - when we lived in Alta Loma we often went there to walk in the older neighborhoods.
I'm glad I can show photos for you and this time of year is so beautiful. We go up and down highway 18 to all the mountain towns a few times a month and all the time to Blue Jay (which I love) and Lake Arrowhead - both of which are pretty close to Crestline and Lake Gregory.
I never cared all that much for Big Bear but the more we go the more I love everything about it - ...and Keller Peak - wow, what good hiking there which is between Running Springs and Big Bear.
Anyway, right now I can't imagine living off the mountain (unless I had a place at the coast with an ocean view - Central Coast that is)...
Oh wow you and me both on that house on the hill, love the kids they're so cute and laughed when you said you didn't know the third on oh all the photos that followed , well a dream come true for me, Gosh how I love your photos Sandy, and your sense of humour, thanks so much
The little ones are all cute. But oh, that Headless Horseman! That outfit "takes the cake"!!! -grin-
Beautiful area, as always....
Tessa~
Your grandkids' costumes for Halloween are cute and scary! Ha!
Such gorgeous views and scenery there! Great photos.
Post a Comment