Yesterday was our first morning here and we got up and walked the beach. Due to a high tide that had receded but left areas of water we found beautiful reflections where the seagulls were hanging out. The morning sun shining on the water reflected the cliffs in the background making the water look golden! Today the water isn't there so I was lucky enough to catch these photos at just the right time.
Beautiful Monarch butterfly I photographed while it was flying by me.
The famous Monarch Grove where the butterflies come from October to February is about a mile from here. There are so many monarchs on the trees they look like leaves. A few years ago I took many photos of this but I lost them when my computer had to be blasted out to get rid of viruses.
I hope to get over there and visit again while we are here. I did see some in Lake Arrowhead recently nearby where we live and I was so surprised to see them in the mountains. Didn't know we had them come through up here.
Beautiful Monarch butterfly I photographed while it was flying by me.
The famous Monarch Grove where the butterflies come from October to February is about a mile from here. There are so many monarchs on the trees they look like leaves. A few years ago I took many photos of this but I lost them when my computer had to be blasted out to get rid of viruses.
I hope to get over there and visit again while we are here. I did see some in Lake Arrowhead recently nearby where we live and I was so surprised to see them in the mountains. Didn't know we had them come through up here.
5 comments:
I can't get over the reflections you were able to photograph yesterday! Breathtaking! And good shot on the flutterby of the butterfly!
oh how wonderful, to be at the beach!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Tessa~
oh my gosh Sandy these are stunning especially the first 3 although I have to say that the Monarch in flight is pretty impressive, Wow I applaud!
Such wonderful photos, Sandy! I love the reflections on the water, and the butterfly is a wonderful capture too. Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Tessa~
Post a Comment