Thursday, July 21, 2016

FRONT PORCH POST (not my photos)

I developed a hobby so to speak years ago after selling my house.  I started looking online for rentals (since we decided we didn't want the hassle of ownership anymore)....  Through the years it became a hobby more or less.  Every day I spend some time looking online at rentals in areas I would like to live.

I found this older house the other day and loved the outside.  It actually is three separate apartments and the one that is for rent is so cute and this 1 bedroom rents for 1250.00 a month.  It is in the town of Riverside which has the famous Mission Inn which is beautiful.

The rents just keep going up and up in Southern California - it amazes me how much a 3 bedroom in any decent area not even desirable area rents for now.  I saved off some pics because I love old houses but I thought whoever decorated this little (under 800 sq feet I believe) apartment used such pretty colors.  

That poor palm tree needs someone to take off the dead fronds.







I like  the retro look of the bathroom and kitchen.  It didn't specify whether the place for rent was upstairs or downstairs.

 I can't imagine living with two other families sharing a house.

This neighborhood is in one of the historical districts .  We drove through a few nice areas the other day when we were in Riverside.







7 comments:

Terra said...

What a peaceful looking front porch, a nice place to sit and dream or people watch. But expensive for a one bedroom apt.

cat's momma said...

I like this if I were living alone and I do like retro a lot. Not so much that little stove though sitting out with no counter space around it. ;) The place would make a beautiful home if it were all one living space instead of several apartments. The colors on the outside...looks beautiful...the area definitely looks like a nice one.

Anonymous said...

oh my. $1250?? almost like NY.
or maybe less than NY. but still.
too much!
it does have charm though!
I'm like you. not sure I'd like living in such close quarters with others in the same house.
one thing I have noticed in my new apartment... you never hear anyone else. not even their music.
the only sound I ever hear are people enjoying the pool down below.
I love the laughter of children and families having fun.
I had a little gas stove like that when bob and I first married.
I paid 10.00 for it and had to clean it for 5 days! LOL! but I loved it!

Connie said...

That is a cute little apartment. I like the colors too. Wow, that sure is expensive, though.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this home! So much character!

sandy said...

Thanks for looking! The rents out here are ridiculous. Where I use to live down the mountain - they are sky high - where I grew up in Covina - my parents bought the house in 1960 for $6900. I checked recently and this modest small 3 bedroom 2 bath house is close to 550,000 to 600,000 - so the rent would probably be over 2000 for that house...easy. The closer u get to Los Angeles the more expensive. Covina is about 50 minutes to Los Angeles (with no traffic). Alta Loma where my house was farther.


Some day this rent bubble needs to burst. I really would like to move out of Southern California - just too expensive. Even our gas is so much more than the rest of the country -especially in summer because of what they add to it to combat smog in summer.

Winifred said...

It does look lovely but expensive. Crumbs I never imagined smog in USA. I always associated with the winters in London due to the coal fires. Never thought about cars causing it.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)