I actually don't write all that much "private" stuff about family on my blogs - unless it's about my grandkids.
This morning we were awakened with a phone call from my youngest son's fiance - "he is okay - but ..he was admitted to the hospital with a blood clot in his lung." What -...barely awake but for some reason I was oddly calm ..maybe being that I heard it second hand from my husband who first answered the phone. But.... I seem to be the type that little stuff stresses me but the big stuff although I worry - I can stare it down and find some kind of strength to knock it aside and not be crazed. (I found that out about myself through many deaths in my family and a HUGE amount of faith in a loving God...All That Is..etc.
I believe - in fact, I know... I have proof in my life ....that God does not create disease, death, decay - any of the crap we live with on a daily basis - but we do through our thoughts, stresses and fears, expectations, focus, allow that to appear in our lives. I also believe that when we pray for another- we are actually praying to realize the truth about someone - their health and safety and their absolute protection by a benevolent God This is my point of view - and I honor yours if it is different.
But back to the point - Something, somehow, guardian angel, higher self, holy spirit, Creative Intelligence, All that Is, whatever we call Spirit/Mind/Goodness/Intelligence...anyway something...happened....to get my young son to actually go to the hospital after three. to four days of pulse racing and palpitations. He is very much like me - I need to be in a coma to see a doctor. I didn't know he was having these symptoms...So he heads out to work yesterday morning and there is a flat tire on his car. So then he goes to fix it and the jack is screwed up and not working (this is all on a new car). So then...after times passes and finally it is fixed he decides to not go to work and instead after sharing his anxiety and palpitation issues with his fiance decides to go to the ER.
Eleven hours later he is seen - and fourteen hours later diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung and then admitted. All is fine - we saw him today - ...then heard tonight they will send him home with a blood thinner and checkups regarding coagulation, clotting times... and he may be on them for several months - they couldn't even find the source of the blood clot.
This guy dodged a bullet - had his tire not been flat he would have headed out to work to begin a long 9 days of work covering for his Chef while he is on vacation (my son is a sous chef -very stressful job) and works out in the Palm springs area about an hour and a half from where he lives and commutes..... I can't describe the gratitude I feel over a flat tire of all things...and then I must absolutely thank the defective tire jack for not working also.
I will remember next time something blocks me from doing what I think I'm suppose to- instead of ranting and raving maybe I'll step back and ask why am I being blocked and challenged every time I turn round - maybe there is something more than just getting up on the wrong side of the bed.
Thank you God!
And a huge thank you to all those little whispers we get from the universe - be it a flat tire, a detour that we didn't expect .... an animal that is endeavoring to get our attention about something or even a bird chirping extremely loud outside our window when I'm not ready to wake up ...(which happens quite a bit in my reality)... It's just so good to be aware of signs in our life. Who knows in what way, shape or form our saviors will appear. My particular savior was a daughter-in-law who several years ago knew I wasn't just taking a snooze in the car (I was a passenger, not driving) on the way home during a long trip, but actually unconscious. So my savior was human.
A BIG THANK YOU to life and all it's helpers. We are saved every moment we take a breath and realize Life is Good and always on our side even if we aren't aware of it.
So at the end of the day I am relieved and so on and so forth.

25 comments:
He's got us at the palm of His hands. I know it's difficult to trust that everything will be okay at the end of the day when you're stressed out but that is the truth. :)
My Sweet Sandy, I am so full of gratitude in reading this post that all is well with youngest son. Yes, God Bless all those situations we deed inconvenient or do not understand...we truly do not see the bigger picture of the Love that surrounds us. The most powerful prayer with Gratitude is "It is What it is."
Was having breakfast in Athens just hours ago...am home, can't sleep, came to check my email, strolled into the Garden and found you. Joy and Love and full recovery for young son. "The Traveling Crone
Oh, boy! Yes, he was lucky! And, working in Palm Springs is quite a drive for him! I'm so glad to hear he is okay...
Wow - can 't believe you think this is all true. Where was that god when the blood clot began? Not powerful enough to fix that?
thanks Lux.
Hey nice to see you - and ....your home! I know you must have had a great time. thanks Crone.
Yes it's a long drive and he's getting really tired of it. thanks Cheryl.
I thought about how i wanted to actually reply - and there are two ways - If you are an atheist I totally get why you said that. If you believe in God then I understand you believe God does cause sickness. I don't.
-happy sigh- All worked out well. I am so very happy for you, and for all of you. I know the Mother Part when children have health issues.
Our daughter beat breast cancer. Our middle son just had to have a lot of heart artery work done. Our youngest has had palpitation issues for many years. And yes, they take care of their health and are not over weight. And still......
So anyway, I understand that part. :-) And send you many gentle hugs....
I'm glad you shared this here. It must have been right for you to do so. And helpful to you.
Many gentle hugs,
Tessa
Sandy, why did you even leave up, an ANONYMOUS comment????????? Myself, I don't allow them. If anyone wants to state anything, in a blog comments, let them do so, as themselves. Not hide behind Anon.
Especially when leaving a counter kind of a comment!!!!!!
My views are not yours. But at a time like this, is not the time to get into a discussion of differing views!!! Good freakin' grief! You are a worried and scared Mother. You don't need counter faith arguments now.
Please ANONYMOUS, go find some compassion. As well as some politeness.
Tessa
Hi Tessa - thanks - yes sometimes it helps to let out the gratitude! Just glad everything went well and he wasn't involved in a different situation if it had dislodged. Oh ..I see you've been through lots with your kids.
I thought about it when I read the comment but i also know we all have different beliefs and this was good for me to leave it - it made me ponder why someone counters with a reply and does so anonymously - I didn't like the reply but then I did say in my post my beliefs and that i honor anybody else' right to theirs. So it would be hypocritical of me to delete it. Thanks for your post - Glad u questioned it and why I left it up. My biggest issue with the comment from anonymous - was not what they said - but that they don't have the guts or courage to post their name - So they are a coward behind a screen - so be it -if it makes them feel superior to my way of thinking let them have it! but thanks Tessa for your comment.
Love how it all worked out and I have no doubt that it is a wake-up call for a very stressed and exhausted nephew of mine to take notice of how he reacts to life in all its glory and turmoil! I, of course, also am thankful for all the blocks that prevented him from driving on to work where he might have had a stroke or heart attack or worse, which might have made for a different phone call to me from you yesterday morning!
Love how it all worked out and I have no doubt that it is a wake-up call for a very stressed and exhausted nephew of mine to take notice of how he reacts to life in all its glory and turmoil! I, of course, also am thankful for all the blocks that prevented him from driving on to work where he might have had a stroke or heart attack or worse, which might have made for a different phone call to me from you yesterday morning!
A reply to your cowardly anonymous: Nobody respects someone who is afraid to post their name with their uncalled for remarks. The post wasn't put up to begin a confrontation about someone's beliefs.
A reply to your cowardly anonymous: Nobody respects someone who is afraid to post their name with their uncalled for remarks. The post wasn't put up to begin a confrontation about someone's beliefs.
Love what you wrote - very well said - and that's exactly the point - it wasn't put up to begin a confrontation! Thanks Laura and he did get released awhile ago. The doctor told him that he was a very lucky young man as it could have turned out differently. He will be on medication quite awhile and have regular tests because they are concerned that they couldn't find the source as it wasn't from the legs or arms. Anyway I do dislike cowardly comments. If I have something to say I'll say it and claim it.
thanks and I'm so glad it was that phone call I got and not a different kind. When I think of what could have happened and what didn't - and how it could have been in a car while driving - and possibly taking himself out along with others I am so grateful!
I have no idea at all why my posts repeated...sorry about that. I saw your post about J and so I am caught up on everything now. Thanks!
Oh my. I'm so glad that things worked out so that he was diagnosed and treated in time. And I'm glad your daughter-in-law was there for you when you needed her too. I agree that we need to be in tune to the signs around us.
Thanks Daisy - It was scary when I first heard but knew once he was in a hospital bed he wouldn't be moving around and hopefully a chance of it dislodging would be a factor - i keep thinking what if he went to work with a hectic schedule working for so many straight days in a row and a long drive home at night..whew! For me, if something presents itself and keeps presenting itself in a similar way...something is up....like the flat tire but then what is the likelihood on a new car even the jack wouldn't work right...that was a sign I think - to get to the doctor and not go to work.
Dear Sandy, I had to come back through your posts until I found this after reading Tam's comment on your current post. I'm so sorry you all had this scare but thankful that it was discovered and treatment being given. And thank you for the trust you have in your blog friends to write what was in your heart, trust that those of us who feel as you do would understand and be glad but trust that those who might not agree with every little thing would still be there in friendship and support. That's a wonderful thing!
Love to you and thank you for all the beautiful homes and gardens and porches you show. I want to repaint my house each time I see one of yours that charms me,
Dewena
I'm so glad that he'll be okay! I can't imagine how horrible it was for all of you. I'm the same way though... I stress over the little things and come through on the big ones. I've always been like that, but I don't know why. Also, I too believe that things like a flat tire or a detour happens for a reason and I've been proven right about it several times.
Anyway, (((hugs to you)))
rue
hi Dewena thanks so much for your wonderful comment!! Means a lot to me.
Wow, thanks for coming back to this post and commenting!
Post a Comment