Glendora is described as a sleepy community nestled in the foothills. I lived and worked there in a few different places until I was 26. The area near their little downtown is a great place to walk if you like historical districts and old houses. We lived in an apartment and then bought a house in 1972/3. We lived there until my first son was 2. It is SO expensive to live there now. I would like to live in this area again but that isn't going to happen as far as I can see into the future.
These are some front porches of a few houses right near town. This is another area I would like to visit again - it's been seven years since we took this walk and I photographed these houses.
10 comments:
Always love this type of photo...historical houses and pretty grounds. The second one looks like a duplex? Looks like a fun walk.
Nice pictures. It looks like a lovely place to walk.
Looks like a lovely place to walk through. And photograph!
Beautiful homes! It is my dream to own a house with a front porch. Maybe someday.... Have a great week! ~Jeff
Thanks all for visiting. I love front porches and never miss an opportunity to photograph them when I'm out walking.
I love those wooden houses, so pretty. We rarely see wooden houses in the UK, maybe too much of a fire risk.
The front porches are gorgeous. We don't have these much nowadays, most people have their stuff in the back garden. Maybe it would get stolen. My brother lives in quite a nice area and he had a big stone birdbath dug out of his frontlawn and stolen. It was really heavy so they must have had a big van. The police found it & he got it back surprisingly.
Lovely photo's you've shared here
All the best Jan
Truly beautiful!!!
Oh, it's beautiful. So welcoming and warm. Exactly what a home is supposed to be.
You really make me miss California sometimes, Sandy and these pictures of Glendora do just that. I think it might be time for a visit ;)
xo,
rue
Post a Comment