Upon looking back at these photos I decided I am definitely taking this walk again in 2017. The next time we go down the mountain, get on the freeway and head west I will go walk in Duarte, California. I'm getting excited at the fact that the trees, at least down the mountain will soon be blooming, if they aren't already. The amount of rain that Southern California has received over the last few months will make for a spectacular spring.
This path below - I can't wait to walk on again and visit the horses (assuming that eight years later they are still there. When I am out walking I'm in the moment and excited as a kid because there is always something new and beautiful to see. In fact, I am so surprised that almost every where I turn, whatever corner I choose to turn on, or hill to walk up - the most amazing sights are in front of me. It's always there if you seek to see more beauty and then pay attention.
No plans for the weekend and in that case I'll edit photos and sketch or do something creative. Any plans for your weekend?
"A JOURNEY IS TIME SUSPENDED" Louis L'Amour
This path below - I can't wait to walk on again and visit the horses (assuming that eight years later they are still there. When I am out walking I'm in the moment and excited as a kid because there is always something new and beautiful to see. In fact, I am so surprised that almost every where I turn, whatever corner I choose to turn on, or hill to walk up - the most amazing sights are in front of me. It's always there if you seek to see more beauty and then pay attention.
No plans for the weekend and in that case I'll edit photos and sketch or do something creative. Any plans for your weekend?
"A JOURNEY IS TIME SUSPENDED" Louis L'Amour
8 comments:
and the horses are still there!
i'm so glad.
these are absolutely beautiful pictures. in my mind i'm walking there. :)
Wow, in Duarte? I had no idea that there was such a beautiful trail walk there. I'm sure when you go back it will be very colorful! That's quite a drive for you, isn't it?
I love the second shot with the cloudy sky. I hope you enjoy the views the next time you visit.
Absolutely gorgeous! Our weekend included a few inches of snow!
This is an awesome place to do nothing. :) Time can pass by and you will just be still in awe of this beauty.
thanks for the comments everyone.
Truly gorgeous!!!!!
Beautiful photos, Sandy! What a lovely place to take a walk. Neat to see the horses too.
Post a Comment