I feel that autumn comes and goes too fast in the mountains. Down the mountain you can still see fall colors in December and January and even some in February. That is one thing I miss by living in the mountains. We get about two months maybe of great colors and then snow can show up. I came across several folders of autumn photos so thought to post this one today.
This is one of the last trees as we drive up to the Rim Highway to retain their color - which was on December 6. Soon after we had our first snow - like the next day I believe.
Seeing this van with the luggage thing on top makes me want to take a long slow road trip up the 101 to Northern California, Oregon and beyond.
5 comments:
Please pick me up on your way to northern california, Oregon, Washington, Idaho,Montana and perhaps on to Lake Tahoe. I am already packed!
Those photos from Lake Arrowhead are gorgeous and very painting like and I could see you painting these! Of course the van on the road with the fall colors in the trees...hope you rent a van like that for "our" trip! ;o)
this would be a fun road trip - we should do it sometime.
Autumn is such a pretty season but, sadly, its splendour does not last long. This is such a lovely image.
I love those gold leaves. Fall colors don't stay around here very long either.
Gorgeous! So beautiful!!
Post a Comment