Thursday, August 28, 2014

SAVANNAH LIVES HERE

Just making up a story.

 When I took photos of this  little cabin I was so curious about the people who live there.  Sometimes a cabin or house will peak my curiosity - I will want to see it in daytime with the sun out, in  the afternoon with clouds hanging low, in winter with snow covering the roof and at nighttime with the lights on and the curtains open so I can see inside. 


 My impression upon looking at it in the photos, is that Savannah lives here.





 She lives alone with her dog and a parrot named Grant.   She is one of four sisters.  Another sister lives on the mountain nearby but two live in different states.



She is on disability from work - having had a back injury so she doesn't get out much, other than to walk her road several times a day so she doesn't stiffen up too much.  She is 47 and never been married.  She is open to the idea but the right guy hasn't come along.

So much for my story.  It's going nowhere, lol.

But I love the setting of her little cottage cabin.

NOTE:  Awhile later while in the midst of eating my breakfast  the beginning of a poem or story came to me but then it stopped.  I was eating yogurt with granola and wheat germ in it - and the minute I took my last bite my mind was off and running somewhere else.  

I do nothing all day but sit
looking out these windows of pain (pane)
Nobody is going to swoop me up and take
me away
away to a better life

I do feed my animals
and take my little walks
I keep my cottage clean
all the while keeping my self open
 to a better life

I often sit outside
waiting for excitement
to walk up the road
and call my name to join it and walk
to a better life

But then I realize
I am living that better life
with the whole forest as my backyard
and the lights at night from the other cabins
Like low hanging stars shining
in my better life

5 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Oh, now you have me wanting to know more, too!

And I was going to ask, why you say it is owned by a "she"... But of course it is! Look at those curtains! :-)

And look at that unique fireplace placement! It has to make a corner fireplace, inside. So interesting. I've never seen anything like this.

Just wish she had someone, to fix that broken entrance step, though... A break like that, is never good. Any opening, can allow "trouble" to "get in" somewhere. Let alone, the issue of someone tripping on it...

Tessa~

sandy said...

I agree that step must be fixed - maybe someone will walk up that road and offer to do it for her. As you were commenting i was adding to the post.

cat's momma said...

How creative! Are you going to describe Savannah a little more? Love it!

Margie said...

I really enjoyed your story ... I have always liked the name Savannah ...
That is such a cute cabin ...
I really like the poem ... nicely done ...

sandy said...

thanks all.

laura - if inspiration hits i sure will.

today is a trip up to Big Bear in awhile. Waiting to leave so we can spend time up there and get some sunset pics from that viewpoint.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)