I've driven this street before but never walked it. The road started up hill for awhile and then leveled out and up again and then down to the lake. Along the way I saw some pretty houses. The blue one in particular I love and the "Creek House" - yes I would live in that and be quite happy with the forest surrounding me.
Combining this walk with then going around the lake made for a long workout.
obviously i love this house - four pics of it.
It's always a surprise to see what is up from the stairs. I always wonder why someone chooses a house to move into that has such long entries and narrow stairs. Most houses up here don't have garages and park out in front by steps that go up and up and up...
More red houses.
Look at those stairs. I would not want to move in there.
8 comments:
Gorgeous!!!
Amazing construction... How, how, how is that Creek House, in particular, built????? Obviously, there is a creek. Is the house sort of built over it some, on secure "stilts" or whatever the building word would be??
I am so fascinated by this place. you *have* to go back and take more pics, and notes!!!! -grin- I'll mail you a specific request, and you can carry it with you. So if someone comes out with a shotgun, you can show them, that you are simply doing a favor, for a friend, who lives way across the country. ,-)))))
Amazing and gorgeous area you live in. I know, I keep saying it, but it isssss!!!!!
Tessa
A question for a walker...
Why do so many walkers, climbers, wear shorts? First thought... it's cool. but, aren't they exposing their legs, to insect bites???????
please and thank you...
HI Tessa - I think they wear shorts to keep cool but I always wear jeans. I had poison oak three times in two years - ....about 2009 or so - when clearing off the back hill at my house.. It got me bad and you would think I would learn how to identify it (which I eventually did, lol). I won't wear anything but jeans when I walk in the mountains. I might wear shorts at home in the summer but not when I go out. Glad you like these areas that I'm posting - it's at times if you are in the right mood enchanting up here with all the different houses and areas. I do love it so much. I'll walk it again and check out how that house is built and a note from you would be great, lol.
and a lot of houses are built on the sides of hills - or just beyond where there is a natural creek that runs and empties into the lake. I will share photos soon of a house I would have tried to get in a heart beat - but in looking through the windows (it was vacant) there wasn't a lot of living space in the kitchen family rooms area although the house itself had a lot of other rooms. But the property - was amazing and a creek ran right in front and down from it and there was a foot path built over it. We are just renting up here (after we sold I said I never wanted to buy again so we could move on a whim).... This particular house was for rent at the same cost of what we are paying where we are at. It is SO COOL! I'll post pics in my next post. We looked at it last October and I took a lot of photos.
Gorgeous places and locations! But my god what a walk if you continued on to the lake and around it and back uphill! Yikes! I think I've seen pictures of the house you are talking about having looked at last year? I'll know when you've posted the pictures if I've seen it before.
Now that's a beautiful view for walking. I wouldn't mind walking every day in a place like this. But you're right. All those uphill climb. Wow, I think I'd grow my calf bigger than the rest of my body.
it's all I can do to carry my two cloth bags of groceries up my own two flights of stairs! i could never do that in the picture.
i'm thinking you live in a little bit of paradise.
i can't begin to imagine how wonderful it must be to wake up in a place like you do... day after day after day...
thank you for sharing it all with us!
thanks everyone for your comments - i enjoyed reading them all.
Post a Comment