Tuesday, June 16, 2015

SAW THIS HANDSOME GUY ON A DRIVE THE OTHER DAY


We ventured in the jeep on to this REALLY narrow street(s) in this small area not far from the lake.  The houses for the most part are really charming but you are so close to them when in the car that it's almost impossible to get a view that shows the whole house.  The streets are so narrow I refuse to ever drive on them again - however, I would love to walk the neighborhood which we might do some day.

The lake is actually Lake Arrowhead - one of my favorite places to go when we take out for a few hours in the car.  I don't know why I love it so much over there other than it feels good and feels like you are on vacation (something in the air I guess).

Later i'll be posting some old wooden boats and "woodies) the old cars from the 60's - the ones like the surfers used to carry their surf boards.  The ones we saw were now actually works of art as so many have been restored and are gorgeous!

Keeping up with our goal of pushing ourselves on our walks and going farther, faster and uphill more.  This is not the kind of weather to have started because of the hotter weather and some humidity.  But..we will keep on.

Getting back to the image I love when we see various carved bears and other mountain animals in peoples' yards.  It's kind of enchanting to me.



12 comments:

Margie said...

Love that bear, Sandy.
Keep on walking ...I love to walk and have been running too lately but I am kind of giving up on the running, I used to love it
but I find it much harder than when I was a 'youngster' LOL

See you in Sept ... just wanted to visit all your blogs today as I will not be visiting for some time!
Have a great summer ...be happy , be well :)

Wanda said...

That one of the things I love in Tahoe is the wood sculptures. I like that hunk~~ HaHa

cat's momma said...

What a great carving!

Inger said...

You shouldn't have any problems finding uphill hikes where you live, right? A friend of mine has a house at Lake Arrowhead. It's lovely there.

Out of Sight L said...

Wow i know what you mean there is a man an artist who carves animals from his trees and it's quite stupendous how gorgeous it is, still part of wonders, will it kill the tree? I hope not, they are absolutely beautiful, and hopefully never hurts the tree so nice to be back Sandy!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

It would be fun, to watch someone creating one of those huge wood sculptures. ,-)

Connie said...

That bear looks like he's waving at you. :-)

tammy j said...

oh that great bear! how unique! and to have many houses with different sculptures. i would love it!
and can't wait to see the woodies! i knew one once. she was dark green. her polished wood panel just gleamed.
she was well loved by her owner. . . and was named "ferny briar" . . . isn't that a great name!

Lux G. said...

Oh they are enchanting creatures. And I think a sculpture is better than those preserved, since we don't know if they got a dead one already or if they have to kill one for display.

Thanks for sharing your road trip.

Out of Sight L said...

oops a senior moment here obviously the one your showing made into a figure is of course dead i meant when they build the structure within a tree will it kill it eventually?.... I guess I hadn't had enough coffee,and where are you off to?

sandy said...

thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. I've been busy and finally remembered to come here and check things.

Unknown said...

can't seem to leave well enough alone but I just can't friggin live without my blogger friend so what the hell I'll live in a box ...anyhooo they wouldn't let me back into out of sight l so my new blog is :http://iamlwithoutyou.blogspot.ca/

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)