We use to live in Wrightwood and I always enjoyed walking around. I loved Wrightwood but didn't love the high desert near there where we would have to pass through to go shopping. It was depressing to me. When you think of high deserts - some of them are beautiful but in this particular area it was not at all. Wrightwood itself was a quaint cute little (very little) town. The highway into Wrightwood would be incredibly crowded all during winter because of the ski areas nearby.
The birds below on the branches at the bird farm - right outside a train goes by in back of them. They must be so use to it they just sit there as if it doesn't bother them. The blue background through the cage is the train moving fast behind them.
The birds below on the branches at the bird farm - right outside a train goes by in back of them. They must be so use to it they just sit there as if it doesn't bother them. The blue background through the cage is the train moving fast behind them.






15 comments:
They definitely must be used to the train because they are SO loud far away let alone up so close like that! That looks like a cozy cabin.
When the train came by it startled me it was so loud - they are so use to it - they didn't flinch. Well some did ..others kept sitting on the branches like it was just normal.
What a cozy looking cabin, and so lovely seeing all the birds! :)
High desert.... Depressing.... I don't really know what "high desert" looks like, I guess.
I love the way the sun is shining on the bird with the orange around its neck. Neat shot at the end too with so many of them together.
depends on the area - some areas have beautiful desert flowers and such like Joshua Tree National Park others not so much
Mike pointed out to me that the bird looks like it has an orange scarf around its' neck and a fur coat on. I think this needs to be sketched, lol
thanks Linda - I'm becoming a fan of finding bird farms, lol.
Aren't they pretty... The birds with the orange/red ruff around their necks!
Very fashionable. Wearing a neck scarf, like all the ladies do. :-)
looks like paradise to me Sandy. I am so enjoying all the beautiful scenes and homes you share here. have a wonderful weekend! G
thanks Tessa - hope u r having a good Sunday!
thanks Geraldine - ...we have a blustery, windy, cold, rainy possibly snowy few days ahead. So far so good.
I love the colors of this picture. Intense and beautiful.
Thank you Lux.
Darling birds! I know these are in a bird farm but are they wild birds in your area too?
Post a Comment