On Facebook every once in awhile I will see a list of something like - the top 10 towns to visit in Southern California - or the best town to retire in. ...or some other list. So many times Claremont is mentioned. The last one I saw recently I had been and walked through 9 out of 10 of the towns, several being near the coast such as Dana Point, Laguna, Balboa, Newport, ...and I'm getting anxious to visit them again. Spring does this to me.
Walking through Claremont the other day when I walk by this house I look forward to seeing what new items the lady has put out . It appears she collects rocks and paints some of them; also some odd little creatures. During autumn she hangs little colorful buckets off of her tree instead of bird feeders; ...the kind that little kids carry with them when they trick or treat. I remember as a kid I just used a pillow case.
I had gone to the botanical gardens first to walk around and then over to the village and the neighborhoods.
She (I assume a female is responsible for the decor of the garden) also places planters between the driveways.
I really miss living off the mountain when I knew exactly what would grow in what season. I have no clue up here. I walk around here in mountain neighborhoods and see what people plant and it always comes back every spring after the snow - but I have this mental block where I can't seem to actually believe if I plant something it will return after the snow is done with it.
My OCD is showing - ...having to get many photos of the same house.
When my sister and I lived close together - we started a little hobby of painting scenes on rocks but it didn't last long. Years later I would still find a few in the yard where i had placed them at one time.
I also like this house below.
Walking through Claremont the other day when I walk by this house I look forward to seeing what new items the lady has put out . It appears she collects rocks and paints some of them; also some odd little creatures. During autumn she hangs little colorful buckets off of her tree instead of bird feeders; ...the kind that little kids carry with them when they trick or treat. I remember as a kid I just used a pillow case.
I had gone to the botanical gardens first to walk around and then over to the village and the neighborhoods.
She (I assume a female is responsible for the decor of the garden) also places planters between the driveways.
I really miss living off the mountain when I knew exactly what would grow in what season. I have no clue up here. I walk around here in mountain neighborhoods and see what people plant and it always comes back every spring after the snow - but I have this mental block where I can't seem to actually believe if I plant something it will return after the snow is done with it.
My OCD is showing - ...having to get many photos of the same house.
I also like this house below.
10 comments:
What an amazing garden. All kinds of everything.
When Hannah was smaller and stayed with us a lot we got really into painting rocks. She loved doing it and it kept her so busy!
I love this yard and I notice lots of umbrellas in back...feels like home ... we have six! So much more interesting to see yards like this more so than grass.
I am looking forward to more since I know you probably took hundreds of photos yesterday!
A different kind of appeal. Nice!
Beautiful, Sandy, and I am glad you took many photos because it shows the house at different angles and in different perspectives. :)
Wow, what a busy place. My eyes don't know where to look first, but I think all the umbrellas draw the most attention.
What an inspirational post for me. I need to have rocks everywhere here. I have some from previous owners but never a rock place that I created.
I found myself thinking what she is like!
wondering I mean.
I think she probably believes in faeries.
and the other house... the very last picture...
oh my gosh.
love that!
xo
I love that brown house also Tammy! Something very cozy about it.
Inger - living where you do - you have plenty of rocks to choose from I imagine. Now's the time to get your paints out - it will be getting hot and you might be in the house more. Perfect time to paint.
Connie - I always love having a house with lots of stuff around to look at when I'm out walking. I'm becoming more and more fond of dirt yards instead of grass (living in the mountains all yards are dirt for the most part).
Thanks Linda - I seem to always do that - many photos of one house.
thanks Lux.
Laura - I remember you and Hannah were doing this. I figured you of all people would love all those umbrellas. I remember once you and I were walking through Claremont and we both stopped and admired this house - it was before she had put this much out but we liked her garden which mostly was cactus and succulants.
I can see why this would be a favorite. It's charming.
These are lovely homes!
Post a Comment