I'm always finding a reason to go down the mountain (although we don't go down that often except for shopping and to meet one of our kids for dinner) ...- because I love the drive - both going down and coming back home. I never tire of it and each season is a favorite (except summer) when I'm taking photos. During spring everything is so green and the yellow bushes start to bloom. These photos don't really show the yellow but more the sky which was gorgeous.
Front porch post - is another house nearby where I live. I pass it often and just like the cozy look of it.
I'm always happy to see our mountain "ocean" - which is when the clouds are level with the highway. There is usually a "coastal" feel to me when we pass areas like the one below. I feel like I'm nearing Big Sur off of highway 1.
Whenever I round this curve I know we're almost home.
Front porch post - is another house nearby where I live. I pass it often and just like the cozy look of it.
I'm always happy to see our mountain "ocean" - which is when the clouds are level with the highway. There is usually a "coastal" feel to me when we pass areas like the one below. I feel like I'm nearing Big Sur off of highway 1.
Whenever I round this curve I know we're almost home.
9 comments:
Oh, my, how beautiful! The sky is so awesome, the formations and largeness of it all and it does look like you are next to the sea in that photo! Just beautiful! I love to go out and see and photograph the clouds and hills, too, and we've had two weeks of that kind of weather with huge, beautful hills and yellow and purple wild flowers. Such a beautiful spring this year.
Glad u are having beautiful skies too. It has been beautiful this spring.
Wow, gorgeous views! I can see why you enjoy the drive so much.
Hi Daisy (just can't get use to Connie)... Every season serves up something beautiful on this drive. I was amazed through all of 2015 - how often we had beautiful high clouds - no matter the season. Of course in the summer the clouds brought humdity with them. There's so much down the mountain that I still like to do and if I had my way I would probably go down twice a week to walk around some of my favorite places but then our gasoline bill would be way too high. How's your spring? I read where you stated you had snow.
Beautiful colors and scenery. There must be such a sense of calm and peace living where you do.
HI Barbara - ...there really is for the most part a calming peaceful feeling except during summer when people arrive to play in the lake and then in winter for snow activities - then the sirens start - there is often accidents out on the highway or at the lake. A lot of sirens!
What a lovely house and front porch, Sandy!
So beautiful road and gorgeous view to your home!
I would love to be there with you...
Thanks Sonia. I love it here . Well if you ever visit So Cal.... take a ride up the mountains. I actually would love to visit Brazil. I often google photos. So many countries I'd love to see.
Such beauty...sigh...I imagine it would be even more amazing in person. :)
Post a Comment