Yesterday we needed to go down the hill to a Lowe's. I'm transforming an area of the yard in back into a little garden so wanted to buy some plants and boards to make container gardens. On the way back home I finally was able to get decent photos of something I've tried for a month. Normally when we come back up the mountain the contrast is really sharp between a really blue sky and the yellow wildflowers. Yesterday because of the clouds that were moving in, I finally was able to get some photos that were much prettier than the stark contrast. I prefer cloudy skies when I take photos.
I always feel so happy to be coming back home after being down in the haze below. Today we have light showers with a happy breeze - happy because it looks that way when the leaves are dancing from the wind.
My planting will have to be put off for a few days until the weather clears up. At the end of the post I'll show photos of where I'm putting the garden.
The drive is always beautiful but particularly so yesterday with the high clouds. It takes about 15 minutes to get from where we live down to the freeway.
Here is the area I've cleared out - there will be two more container gardens and the pots along the side will have plants - I've spent a lot of time clearing out over growth, weeds, etc. in this area. I've met the nicest woman. Her garden is over the fence and we seem to meet out there every day. One day she called me up and said when I get a chance to go out to the fence as she put something there for me. I went out and found a bag pinned to the fence with a clothespin and inside was a mixture of wild seeds that are specific to this area and will grow well - which she bought at Ace Hardware in town. So I've already planted them in the existing container garden bed that was already there.
Neighbor's beautiful garden is over the chain link fence.
I've cleared out the lower area - two more container boxes will be there - I'm in the process of clearing more off the hill where I'll just throw some wildflower seeds.
Standing back and looking toward the bigger part of the back yard where most of my bird feeders are. There will be plants in the pots and more pots soon where I'll try some vegetables.
That blue building there is the storage shed which doesn't match the yellow house. The thing I missed somewhat after selling our house a few years ago was working in the yard. This yard is a lot smaller than what I had to keep up with before - and I really like having a more contained area than an acre to deal with.
I always feel so happy to be coming back home after being down in the haze below. Today we have light showers with a happy breeze - happy because it looks that way when the leaves are dancing from the wind.
My planting will have to be put off for a few days until the weather clears up. At the end of the post I'll show photos of where I'm putting the garden.
The drive is always beautiful but particularly so yesterday with the high clouds. It takes about 15 minutes to get from where we live down to the freeway.
Here is the area I've cleared out - there will be two more container gardens and the pots along the side will have plants - I've spent a lot of time clearing out over growth, weeds, etc. in this area. I've met the nicest woman. Her garden is over the fence and we seem to meet out there every day. One day she called me up and said when I get a chance to go out to the fence as she put something there for me. I went out and found a bag pinned to the fence with a clothespin and inside was a mixture of wild seeds that are specific to this area and will grow well - which she bought at Ace Hardware in town. So I've already planted them in the existing container garden bed that was already there.
Neighbor's beautiful garden is over the chain link fence.
I've cleared out the lower area - two more container boxes will be there - I'm in the process of clearing more off the hill where I'll just throw some wildflower seeds.
Standing back and looking toward the bigger part of the back yard where most of my bird feeders are. There will be plants in the pots and more pots soon where I'll try some vegetables.
That blue building there is the storage shed which doesn't match the yellow house. The thing I missed somewhat after selling our house a few years ago was working in the yard. This yard is a lot smaller than what I had to keep up with before - and I really like having a more contained area than an acre to deal with.
3 comments:
I can see you've done a whole lot of work back there and I think it's going to be great when you get it all done!
We have those types of clouds this week, and I agree about photographing with clouds versus bright, sunny, high-contrast days.
Some gorgeous skies.
Great shots, Sandy
Good luck with the planting.
Beautiful views from your drive! Good luck with your gardening. I'll look forward to seeing how everything does.
Post a Comment