Sunday, September 9, 2012

DID YOU KNOW?

Did you know.....?  Betty White's secret to staying young is she eats Red Vines and hot dogs.

LINK IS HERE.

One never knows - especially myself - what will interest me - what will pop into my mind - to look up on the internet.  I was going through some photos I took the other day when Betty White entered my mind.  I googled her - ...I wanted to know her secret to being so young. - and then I read - Red Vines - hell, I love licorice ...maybe I need to keep eating it.

Anyway - aside from that - here is a photo from our drive the other day.  I will definitely be going back to this area - It is called Helendale or Silver Lakes - but it's wide open - a lake in the middle of no where and this interesting pizza place.


10 comments:

Inger said...

That's a GREAT picture. I also read about the desert below. Before I moved to our desert mountains and before I frequently drove through the Mojave desert, I had no idea I would come to love it so. Once you watch a desert sunrise, I believe you are hooked. At least I am.

sandy said...

HI Inger - great to see you here. I'm hooked too! We live in Wrightwood but I love exploring the high desert.

Connie said...

I like that colorful cow up on top--haha! Red vines? That's a new one on me. :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Sandy, I have to get me some Hot Dogs.

Serena Lewis said...

Not a fan of Red Licorice but I do love the regular black one. I'm a vegetarian who eats a little seafood now and again so Hot Dogs are off my list. Can't say I miss them, knowing what's really in them. lol

OH, I LOVE that painted cow on top of the pizza place!!

Have a great week! x

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Sandy. I love the inbetween world of the high desert. Whereabouts is this?

sandy said...

Annie- This area is Helendale and there is a community out there called Silver Lakes - lots of nice houses surrounding a lake - People's backyards meet the lake - lots of docks - very nice area. I enjoyed the ride out to this place - about 40 minutes from our place in the mountains - the desert is prettier out here.

sandy said...

HOpefully black licorice will do Serena, ha. May we all be as energetic as Betty when we are her age. I hope to still be hiking and walking.

cat's momma said...

How long is the drive to Silver Lakes?

Enocia Joseph said...

I remember Betty White in "The Golden Girls." Betty seems to share my view on food - eat what you enjoy and love.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)