Saturday, September 1, 2012

IT'S CRAZY AROUND HERE TODAY

AT the top of the road, on my street way up high and which I tried to walk - there is a huge yard sale. I never quite made it to the top because it was really steep and I had just taken a shower because we have to be in Menifee this afternoon -....and I didn't want to have to repeat the shower - ...anyway .........to get to the crazy - there has been at least if not more than 100 cars drive by in the last 2 hours. I saw them on my walk and then I came back and sat in the front yard for awhile and the parade of cars didn't stop. Then I came in and sat in my comfy chair and watched them out the window and they were still driving up and of course, eventually coming down.

It's like I live on a busy boulevard today.

If the traffic is any indication - at the beginning of Labor Day Weekend and lots of yard sales - this particular yard sale should be sold out just about now.

I really don't want to leave today. It's hard now to leave my mountain top and go down the hill into the smog. I've never seen blue skies consistently, like I do up here. I actually thought blue skies were a thing of my past, something that had occurred in childhood in Kansas but never out here.

We had a huge storm the day before yesterday - lightening, thunder, torrential rain at one point - it was great. Then this morning I was awakened by a steady breeze and I opened my blinds to watch the sun come up and the branches dance with the wind.

Now..... I will be leaving to see my oldest grandson Hunt, for his birthday which was yesterday. I'm anxious to see him but not anxious to travel down to the heat. I'm hoping it's only in the 80's today and not high 90's. I haven't checked the temps.

On my walk this morning heading up the hill I saw my first evidence of Halloween decorations. I'll have to post it later. A little early but heck - I'm loving it.

Here is a creative comic I saw on facebook I liked.





6 comments:

Enocia Joseph said...

When I was a child I read a book called Heidi about a little girl who goes to live with her grandfather in the Swiss Alps and the adventures she has with her new friends. Your life on top of the hill reminds me of that.

I'm so happy for you that you're living in your part of heaven.

By the way, you mentioned your childhood in Kansas. Is it Kansas as in Wizard of Oz Kansas?

Love the comic. :-)

cat's momma said...

I was wondering what it was like up there on Labor Day weekend.

Hi Enocia...answering for Sandy, it was the Kansas as in Wizard of Oz.

Enocia Joseph said...

Thanks, cat's momma. I see Sandy got on the yellow brick road then and found her way back home to her mountain. :-)

sandy said...

hahaha that's right!! I'll be seeing the wizard later today - any requests.

Rudee said...

I saw a lot of blue skies in Montana, so I know they're still around. Living in Detroit, I really don't see them that often.

I hope you enjoyed time with Hunt.

Love the comic!

Connie said...

I love blue skies. We have them here often all seasons except winter. We have a lot of grey skies in the colder months. I hope you enjoy visiting with your grandson for his birthday.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)