Beautiful weather today, rainy, windy, foggy - but not walking weather. The rain would stop and then pick up and rain hard without any warning. We opted to take the jeep out for awhile.
This weekend was nice - the kids in town were able to go trick or treating at the local businesses - we just happened to have our grandkid and happened to have bought him a costume when we were down the hill doing some shopping. We didn't know this would be happening in town so he was able to join in.
We live about 2 minutes by car from the lake. I plan on walking here often. The water level is down somewhat so any rain will be welcome up here. There is suppose to be snow today and tomorrow in Wrightwood, where we just moved from. We are 1200 ft lower in altitude and although we might get a little snow tonight it won't be much at all.
This road runs along the lake - it's very scenic in places.
I still haven't seen any birds in my yard - I guess they are waiting for a formal invitation. Well, I did see some stellar jays but they are brave and obnoxious so that isn't surprising:)





3 comments:
Beautiful photos! We also had rain yesterday. We were in Cambria, walking around after it rained quite a bit. We thought it was safe to walk far away from the car...it wasn't! By the time we got back to the car we were soaked through. But it was so pretty to see and a relief to have the rain. When we got home we had another heavy rainfall. And do we ever need it!
In case you see this today, we're thinking of visiting you next week if it's not inconvenient. I'll call tonight and find out what you think.
of course - love to have you come here and see the place and then we can hang out here and take trips to the other mountain towns nearby.
It looks like a lovely area. I'm glad the rain didn't stop you from getting out and enjoying the day.
Post a Comment