Friday, October 25, 2013

My dollar store halloween people.



I'm just about all unpacked and settled - I believe in getting busy immediately so even though it's a lot of work for a few days - soon I am finished and on to more fun things such as walking around the lake or walking through town.

I am a huge bird lover and although I've put seed out, so far not many visitors to the feeders - they are up in the trees but I think the birds are watching and waiting to see if it's safe to move closer to the house.  


I bring my sis' mountain cabins painting to every house I have lived in.  I don't hang my own stuff, but I love her cabins. 




A corner of the bedroom downstairs - out the window is nothing but mountain pines.  


I'm still figuring out where to hang stuff.   We inherited that French scene painting from Mike's dad when he passed away.  I didn't like it when we first got it and would keep it in a closet.  The more I looked at it and lived with it - the more I love it.  It was an up and coming artist that they bought it from years and years ago and I have no idea if it is valuable or not - but I like it.  I can quite make out the name of the artist's signature so I can't look it up on the net. 

Today we have to go back to the old house and pick up some last items that didn't make it to the moving truck - and then pick up a grandkid from school and bring him up for the weekend.  Tomorrow I hope it's a fun day of walking around the lake and letting him find a perfect spot that he can fish from - (as soon as we get him a fishing pole).

3 comments:

cat's momma said...

Looking good! Who wouldn't want to look out and see trees everywhere!

Those are some cute Halloween kids sitting there. I take it your fridge arrived, so I want to see a picture of your kitchen with that in it too!

Find lots of good walking for us!

Connie said...

Your Halloween people are cute! I like the cabin art too--pretty! Your new place looks great. I would love a view of pine trees like that.

Margie said...

Your new place is looking great!
Your sister's art is beautiful.

Cute little Halloween people
Smiles

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)