Sunday, October 6, 2013

MORE MILL VALLEY PICS

Hanging on the wall of my son's house was this framed photo that my daughter-in-law took one day while they were on a bike path.  I immediately fell in love with this  so I took a photo of it. 




The house they bought when they moved up to Mill Valley was nice size for the two of them and then they had kids.  Finding themselves a little cramped for space they rearranged the living room and brought in these clever bookcases which not only holds all the kids art supplies, etc. but also on the front of each cabinet they can display the kids artwork.  I think this was a great idea and if I still had small kids would copy this idea.   I love their house - it's a 2 story up in the hills above the Bay of San Francisco.  I always feel like I'm in a tree house when I'm there. 

The kids are intently playing a really cool game on Xbox which has a lot of Disney games on it.




A closer look at their great idea for storage.



VIEW from the bottom floor outside on the deck - looking out at the bay.


7 comments:

Margie said...

They have a gorgeous view and what smart storage ideas.
And those grandkids are too cute!

cat's momma said...

I don't remember seeing that view when I was there. That's really wonderful! And the storage is such a great idea. Fun pics!

Connie said...

That is a great picture. I can see why you love it.

I like that storage unit too. Very practical.

Lovely view! Wow!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Gorgeous view, Sandy! Sweet kids!

sandy said...

thanks all.

Ruth said...

How wonderful. Wow, they've grown, and locations have changed here.

Thank you for coming by synch-ro-ni-zing. I miss it too sometimes. It means a lot to me that you reached out. I miss the old times together blogging!

sandy said...

HI Ruth - so glad to see you here - I'll have to come by Small and Washed Stones more often and leave a note. I enjoy my visits there when I stop by.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)