Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Daily Front Porch


I have to admit it - I reached a wall - I don't know what happened but even though I have hundreds of photos taken recently, I haven't  had the desire to post them.  I think I've been experiencing that blogger burnout syndrome.

Instead of blogging I have been spending quite a bit of time organizing years of photos and was shocked to see how many photos I have of front porches.  Now THIS got me excited.  After all, who doesn't love a front porch.  Some of the photos will show very eclectic porches - a mish mash of all kinds of things people put on their porches and others will show very thought out decorating.

I was lost back in 2010 recently in my external drive where I have stored thousands of photos from the past.  I enjoyed my visit back in time.   This photo was taken in February 2010 when walking through a neighborhood in LaVerne (a little town that has a lot of interesting houses including Victorian, bungalow, craftsman and other types.

Not only can I draw from the past I can find new front porch photos no matter where I walk.

I plan (but not totally committed yet) to post a porch a day. I'll see how that goes.  At least I have a theme and direction that might keep me interested.  Once in awhile I might get the motivation to sketch one of them and if so I'll add my sketchy version along with the photo.




How is your summer going?  We have been extremely busy during the month of June with birthday celebrations and also my grandson who lives with us now has had some friends over spending the night here and there which involves driving down the mountain to take them home or pick them up.

Our weather has been humid and warm and very little coolness happens at night but I think the monsoonal weather is letting up soon.

Tomorrow night we will walk two houses up where there is a break in the trees and we can see down to the lake - ...where we will watch the Fireworks show they put on over at the lake.  Last year it was such a surprise to find out we could see it from where we live.

Have a great 4th everybody.


3 comments:

cat's momma said...

What a good idea...who doesn't love a nice front porch! And I like to take pictures of them too.
I am looking into having Erin get Hunter a ticket to the Mid-State Fair. Hannah says they are going the first night of the fair, the 22nd, and if it works out, he'll be able to go with them. I'll let you know if she can get one for him too. Hannah and Ashlyn are going, so it might be fun for him too. And the four of us can do what we want without kids for an evening.

sandy said...

wow, that will be great! hope it can happen. Checked my mail and thank you!!!!!!! Yes - you can take lots of front porch pics on your walks and maybe sketch some.

Connie said...

This is such a cute front porch. I really like this. It's so easy to get carried away taking pictures now that we have digital, isn't it? It is so different from using film like we did when we were younger.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)