Happy to me is watching the snow fall and accumulate - the excitement of going from window to window and photographing the birds that come to eat or whatever scenes I can get from my windows.
But then, further exciting me is after the street is plowed getting out in the jeep and driving in conditions that some may not be able to if they don't have a four wheel drive when it comes to turning into areas that you want to be able to back out of and turn around.
So for two days we have been out in the jeep. First day was all around our area, Lower and upper Crestline, Lake Gregory (which is near where I live)... VOE, and later today probably Mile High Park and Cedar Pines Park. .
Yesterday we drove through Twin Peaks, Blue Jay, Cedar Glen and other parts of Lake Arrowhead.
Evidently I collect photos - that's my biggest collection aside from my art supplies, books and dust.
I love to look back on photos from years past to see what the weather condition was like at a particular time. I know that last three winters we had snow but this winter has been the most I've experienced.
VOE below
Twin Peaks
and some of a Northern Flicker in my yard that has been busy eating all the suet I put out.
and beautiful snowy trees on some of the local roads
9 comments:
First, that banner photo is awesome! It must take your breath away as you are driving around and seeing these most beautiful sights! I can imagine jumping in the jeep, camera read, and feeling the thrill of the beauty and of capturing the scenes!!! Love ALL of them!
Went back to look for one to paint and so I believe the second one in this lineup is the one that I think is the most beautiful...and I know some of the road scenes with all those dripping white trees are fantastic, but I like the "mood" of the second one. I believe I will attempt a watercolor of that one. Wish me luck!
These are beautiful photos, Sandy. I tend to stay in the house and hibernate when we get as much snow as you have there. It is snowing here today, but we are only supposed to get a couple of inches.
thanks Laura and Daisy. Glad u are going to paint that one Laura. I tried doing some trees but they turned out bad. Gotta get inspired again. Right now I'd rather be outside and walking the lake - which i will do soon.
Daisy - enjoy your snow!
Oh, I LOVE your new banner photo! Wow! It's nice that you got out and took a drive. I try to take photos on the weekends and then post about them during the week on my blogs, but some weekends things are pretty dull around here...
We drove back from Temecula today and saw clouds hanging on the mountains...very awesome, but hubby had to get into work, and I couldn't even pull over to take a photo! Maybe next weekend...sigh..
~Cheryl Ann~
Gorgeous, Sandy!
Oh Sandy, you clear took my breath away oh the beauty, oh how lovely, eventually i will catch to everything it's too beautiful to miss and it makes me so happy, thank you m'dear
thanks everyone.
I never know if you see my comments when i'm SO LATE.
my keyboard battery died and it took me TWO days to realize that was the problem.
I thought my computer was shot.
these pictures just do my heart good.
and that you bother to SHARE THEM with us! thank you!
the architecture there is so perfect for the area. it all has a purely magical quality. I never get enough.
in ANY season! XOXO♥
Post a Comment