Friday, January 8, 2016

PICS FROM AROUND TOWN

We have two areas of town - one is called Top of Town - where you first come down into town from the highway - and then lower town - which is where you pass through on the way to Lake Gregory.

Here are some pics from both top of town and lower town.

These are lower town, near the lake and grocery store and  Toni's our favorite mexican restaurant - they look so pretty in snow.

As soon as the roads were plowed we took out in the jeep.  Today the sun is out and I want to head over to some other mountain communities.




Toni's Mexican food - a place I like to go - best chicken flautas around.






I don't think our town has any new buildings - they are all old.  It would look strange to see a modern building here.







Head out of lower town up to top of town.

Everything old looks better draped in white.




One of several churches up here.


















11 comments:

Vagabonde said...

I saw the sign “Valley of Enchantment” – that is well named – your town is very pretty under the snow – perfect for photos.

Geraldine Helen said...

I want to go for lunch at that restaurant, room for one more? ;-) What an enchanting tour of this quaint little town. Thanks Sandy! :-)

cat's momma said...

Yes, everything is beautiful draped in white and not so old looking. I also can't imagine new architecture in the buildings there...it wouldn't fit in. It's nice to have such a rustic looking town I think!

It sure looks cold though!

Connie said...

Everything looks so pretty covered in snow there. Here it seems like snow just makes everything look cold, gloomy, and gray. I enjoyed your pictures.

trav4adventures said...

Beautiful photos! I love to SEE the snow...I just don't like being IN IT! HA!
~Cheryl Ann~

tammy j said...

oh sandy!
I always love it when you take us around your town...
and then the other mountain towns.
and to have it in snow! even more beautiful.
and to be able to live somewhere where a highway sign LITERALLY has the words 'valley of enchantment' on it! OH MY.
I just can't get enough of where you live.
and the fact that you never take it for granted and revel in its beauty too is not lost on me!
XOXOX♥ oh. ps. WE awoke to snow this morning too! and it's still snowing. how I love it. it makes everything more beautiful.

sandy said...

thanks everyone. I agree Tammy - snow makes everything up here more beautiful. In the mountains very few people have landscape yards - well probably no one does around where i live. It's dirt and some plants or lots of plants if it is a garden. I'm getting partial to dirt over grass. But... the snow really makes all the old buildings look so much more attractive. Enjoy your snow!

Unknown said...

Oh Sandy, you clear take my breath away, such beauty you capture always, makes me dream. wish I were related to you, so you could sponsor me and I would live there in this heavenly world, beautiful you....and eventually will catch up such beauty i am in awe of you, dear woman!!!

sandy said...

thanks Sweet Lorraine - ..all i do is point and shoot - the snow makes everything so pretty.

Dewena said...

Be still my heart, I think I happened upon a movie set! If I lived where you do I'd have to pinch myself every day just to be sure it was real. I think one of the best things about blogging is that I get to visit parts of our wonderful country that I could never visit in person.

And you have a beautiful new look for your blog too! Pretty snazzy, Sandy. I am in awe.

sandy said...

thanks Dewena - this old town looks so much better dressed in white. But i like it - it's a quaint old town quite the rebel back in the day.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)