We have been busy every day - lots of walking, photographing the beauty around here and some good dinners.
When editing my photos I came across this scene I took the other night up in Cambria near San Simeon. Cambria is a quaint artisty type town and their town is lit up at night. This night the fog was rolling in and we had just finished a brisk walk along the cliffs by the ocean. We were in town to go to dinner.
Tomorrow will be a week I've been here. I think I am heading back to the mountains but... there is a snow storm coming in so I may be delayed a day. You can't trust the weather reports anymore so we could get more than we expect or less. The first day of the snow drop is the difficult day to travel up in the mountains until all the roads are plowed.
I won't be sad if I have to stay another day.
When editing my photos I came across this scene I took the other night up in Cambria near San Simeon. Cambria is a quaint artisty type town and their town is lit up at night. This night the fog was rolling in and we had just finished a brisk walk along the cliffs by the ocean. We were in town to go to dinner.
Tomorrow will be a week I've been here. I think I am heading back to the mountains but... there is a snow storm coming in so I may be delayed a day. You can't trust the weather reports anymore so we could get more than we expect or less. The first day of the snow drop is the difficult day to travel up in the mountains until all the roads are plowed.
I won't be sad if I have to stay another day.
7 comments:
It's nice to get away and spend time at our beautiful coast. And with your sister must make it special.
Hi Inger - yes isn't the coast especially central and northern - a wonderful place to hang out! My sis, her daughter and I are planning a road trip next year at this time to go up to Humboldt County which they say is a beautiful drive (kind of long through the redwoods) but then will stay in Arcata and visit Eureka, etc. Already looking forward to it! Hope you are enjoying your crocheting (or is it knitting) group.
oh sandy.
how I love that picture.
all of my favorite things combined...
fog... perhaps a fine mist... the time of day...
lights shining in the coming darkness... trees...
oh my.
thanks Tammy ...it was a gorgeous evening and with the fog rolling in - i just wished I had gotten more clear pics. We were walking to a restaurant and I quickly put my camera up and shot a few but this one was the only real clear one.
This is such a beautiful photograph filled with images that bring on certain feelings of cold and comfort too.
What a pretty photo! I love the way the warm lights contrast with the fog rolling in. Sounds like you are having (or had) a nice visit.
thanks Laura and Connie - ...i could do this once a month.
Post a Comment