The local MacDonald's.
The part of town where Lake Gregory and the neighborhoods up above from there is called Switzerland. San Moritz is a nearby neighborhood.
q
Our local grocery store parking lot.
The road we from town to go home.
around the lake pics. Houses on hills
Cold walks around the lake.
The ball field covered in snow.
And San Moritz Lodge in background.
15 comments:
I save off the photo of the cat...it's beautiful! Your photos of around the area are really nice and clearly (for me, anyway, since I've been there) show what it is like in the winter where you live. As far as winter there...I know I couldn't deal with that at all! It just looks SO COLD and beautiful too!
It's not really that cold after a few days - this week it's been walkable weather.
Can't wait to hang around the coast for awhile.
How beautiful these shots are. Makes me feel nostalgic.
Beautiful pictures, Sandy. The trees look so pretty frosted with snow. I love Beanie's colorful face next to the soft colors of the afghan.
Ahhhh...Beanie! Mr. Cheddar loves ya, me too. :-) >^^< What a cutie. And those photos, like a winter wonderland. The Big M never looked so good either. Hugs, G
Such lovely photo's - the weather has turned cold here in the UK, with many areas experiencing snow.
All the best Jan
beanie. the perfect name. shhhhh.... don't tell hunter I said that.
but for me... beanie she shall be.
and good grief Charlie brown.
I want to live where you live!
I wonder if some kind soul would rent out a little basement room to me.
all i'd need would be a bed and my own bathroom! :)
truly. it is so breath takingly beautiful there.
and I remember reading about the golden days of san moritz and all the hollywood stars that went there... david niven... carole lombard... cary and gary.
well. probably not together! LOL. but even then the freshness came through the pictures.
you know...
it has just come to me... with their wealth and glamour...
the stars no doubt went to the san moritz in switzerland.
then again... if they were working on a picture... your san moritz is closer!
was it a place to ski in those days too? either way... still so beautiful.
Hi Tammy - I definitely won't tell Hunter - I actually whisper her name when I'm talking to her if Hunter is in the room;)) I like where I live but really I would live elsewhere like the coast if I could. Okay I'll rent you my basement but it's small and very crowded with stuff which u would not like for sure....Our San Moritz - I really don't know the history but I doubt movies were filmed here - actually the celebrities lived a little higher up over in Lake Arrowhead. It was pretty famous in its' hey day - It's about 10 minutes up the mountain from us - very close and I love to hang out there because of their beautiful lake and village. You make me want to research it more so that I will do. There is no skiing either where I am or Lake Arrowhead - although we get snow - just no ski trails. For that you travel up farther to Big Bear which is a very popular place and this whole winter has seen a lot of visitors because of the snow fall they have had. It takes us about 40 minutes to get to Big Bear but it's beautiful. We have more summer activities here that draws crowds with the lake. San MOritz offers a wedding venue and the grounds and lodge are really nice for that.
haha.. Once in a while I actually get something from Macdonalds but then I taste it and wonder why I just spent 8 bucks for a meal when I could go a block down and eat at Toni's Mexican restaurant and get a Chicken Flautas or their taco plate for 7 bucks. But Macdonalds does look better in snow. Tell Mr. Cheddar hello from Beanie!
Hi Rosy Anita... You're right, she's a Torti. I find her so hard to photograph unless I get her face in light. Glad u are still around and hope you blog more. By the way half of her face (Beanie's) has white whiskers and half has black whiskers. that's so interesting to me.
thanks Daisy.
thanks Lux.
thanks Jan. I had seen on the news your weather is colder and snowy.
Very beautiful! What a stunning series, and the cat is adorable!
Post a Comment