Thursday, January 7, 2016

Happy New Year

Waving hello from our snow covered area.

I fondly remember passing this house when we were in Pismo Beach this last November.  Wish I lived here and was heading out to walk on the beach.

Everything is white here ...beautiful for awhile and then I'm over it.  




No doubt in the my mind where I would rather be today.  We measure our snow in inches where I live - but up the mountains from us I read they will be measuring their snow fall in feet, Big Bear has really gotten a lot of snow.

I think we have a few more inches coming later today and not sure about the rest of the week.

This winter El nino weather they say won't solve the drought problem here in So Cal but it surely will help somewhat.

Any news from any of you?  Would love to know what u are up to.


6 comments:

cat's momma said...

You should see the beach today!! I drove over from the doctor's office to see what the waves looked like and there was NO beach! The waves were so high that the surf came all the way up to the the walkways. It was pretty fantastic.

The thing I was going to do today, I'll wait until tomorrow. The wait was too long.

I don't recall this Pismo cottage at all. Can't place it.

You yard is so white! It is a peaceful, beautiful sight to see.

We have sun today and 60 degrees with amazing clouds and the Irish greens have come to stay for a while (everywhere you look!) I so wish you could be here during this time when everything looks so fresh and clean and green!

Connie said...

That's a pretty little house. We have just a tiny bit of snow on the ground. Much of what we had has melted. They are saying we may get rain tomorrow. Winter continues to be mild here, which is fine by me.

trav4adventures said...

I went for a drive today...went up to Whitewater Canyon to see ALL the snow on the San Bernardino mountains. WOW! There was a LOT! I got a few photos of trains going by out by Interstate 10, too, and some nice photos of Mt. San Jacinto's north face. I drove out Indian Avenue to take photos of the windmills. Tomorrow I might drive out to the Palm Springs Indian canyons...
Stay warm!
Cheryl Ann

cat's momma said...

Checking your snowy photo again, you have exactly two colors in it...red and orange...and otherwise it looks like a complete white-out.

Unknown said...

wow that's gorgeous Sandy, Happy New Year xo

sandy said...

Hi all - Laura - wish I could have seen the beach disappear and the water so high...hope u got pics.

Connie - curious what your typical winter is like - do you get a lot of snow.

Cheryl - i'll be over to see your pics! Wondering what the mountains look like from down below. We ended up with about 7 inches - right where we are - other areas in town had either more or less depending on where they were and then up more - they did get feet of snow.

Thanks Lorraine. Good to see u back

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)