Saturday, May 21, 2016

THE LAKE IS BEING PREPPED FOR ITS' SUMMER CROWDS


Beautiful but breezy day and I hope to get out and enjoy the weather today, either here in town or Lake Arrowhead or on up to Big Bear.  But before I go...  just a few things I thought to post.  Recently I took photos in Claremont and when I came across these sherbert color houses I couldn't decide which one I will choose to live in one day (in my imagination because prices are exorbitant -  in the town of Claremont.  These little beauties are probably close to 800,000 to a million.  It's ridiculous but I would love to live in this college town.  So which one would you choose...I'm having a hard time but I think it would be the Spanish style one.  Just looking at these make me want to move - immediately.

(edit)  I just looked up median house costs in Claremont which is  631,000 but I think if it is close to the village it is more and these are near the village.  So my dream is still out of my reach - way out).




My favorite color on a car is this shade of yellow - especially on a jeep.  I noticed these two bumble bees the other day while walking near my favorite food place, Toni's.  I also noticed that the North  Shore Inn which is next to  Toni's has their flags out and are readying the place for the big holiday weekend coming up soon.



And the lake will soon be hosting Splash Island again - the first few pieces have been floated out which means soon - very soon are little town will be inundated with families who make lots of noise while having fun and of course, there is always the sirens - that will be heard almost on a constant basis as some people have yet to learn how to drive the mountain roads without texting while going around curves.  I hope they are all safe and no accidents this year.  A lot of people come up the mountain to enjoy the lake but one BIG problem which is talked about on all the mountain forums up here is how people leave their trash - whether it's summer or winter - which is even a bigger problem as people come up with plastic throwaway sleds and leave them all over the mountain.  I'm not a complainer about it all because I pretty much stay put on days people are around but the locals go on and on and on and on about it - always.





This picture below stands exactly as I photographed it - no editing at all - when I saw her in the lake and noticed the colors - it looked like a beautiful pastel painting that even Vincent Van Gogh might have painted with its' beautiful swirls of white on blue - looking like a Van Gogh sky.  We have a LOT of pollen falling lately from the cedar trees (and other types of trees) and it makes for messy cars windows, extremely runny noses but beautiful lake water.



This little flower is blooming all over right now and I don't know what it is.  The blooms are about the size of my thumb and they grow in a clump low to the ground.  I'm thinking a trip up to Heaps Peak Arboretum near Running Springs might be in order - as they have lots of indigenous plants all around with labels explaining what they are.






This is for my sis who loves umbrellas.  One of my favorite houses I pass by whenever I walk over at the lake has their red umbrellas out.   They always put them out in May.



6 comments:

cat's momma said...

Wow, where to start on these gorgeous photos. First off, I immediate picked the Spanish style for myself. In fact, today when we went to AG village for the Farmers' Market we parked by a similar Spanish style house and stood outside of it to admire it before walking to the market. Second, red umbrellas! Yes! Love it. And we have SEVEN umbrellas providing almost total shade around our little house. The flower...wow what a beautiful capture on that. And the photo with the duck in the lake....it does look like a wonderful painting! So I enjoyed the whole group of photos and now I'm wondering where you decided to head to today.

sandy said...

Spanish for me too! ...AG village - can't wait to be there again and see the roosters. Seven umbrellas, wow. I know how you love your shady window views. I have to find out what the flower is...maybe Monday we will go up the mountain. Today we were in Lake Arrowhead at Staters and driving around. beautiful day but windy.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos!

Connie said...

These photos are all so wonderful, Sandy. I love the colorful houses in the first photo. I really like the duck photo too. Wow, it does look like a Van Gogh painting!

tammy j said...

TOTALLY the spanish one.
and wow.
oh to live there. or even for me... just to VISIT there! LOLOL!

Jenn Jilks said...

How lovely! Nice seeing how the other half lives! :-)

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)