We recently took a drive to Oak Glen and saw the wildflowers in bloom. It was so beautiful and I'm looking forward to more visits to this area especially in the fall.
Before visiting Oak Glen, the same day we took our grandson to his friend's house about an hour away - which will be the last time he will go there for a long time. On June 21 he will be boarding a plane for about a month visit in Bend with his cousins and then to Washington where possibly all four of my sons will meet at our oldest son's place (which I am looking forward to seeing them all at one time)... and then Hunt will go on to Montana to start anew with his dad and his family. It will have been 14 months since we first made the choice to keep him here while his dad took care of what was needed. We will miss him of course, but will I miss raising a teenager again, not really. It's been a time of being even closer to him than I had before but now it's time for him to join his family again. He's missed his dad so much and is looking forward to his life in Montana and starting high school in a totally different state.
This area is in the foothills not too far from where we live and a favorite place of mine to visit especially in the fall. They are known for their apple orchards and during the fall it is best to stay away on the weekends because it gets so crowded. We went on a Friday early afternoon and the crowds hadn't arrived yet.
We didn't even leave the house over the weekend because Lake Gregory is crazy crowded over Memorial Day weekend. It's quieter day - i guess people use today to travel home.
How was your weekend.
8 comments:
What a beautiful place and gorgeous photography ~ so serene ~ and colors are magnificent!
Happy Week to you ~ ^_^
Sandy, what a gorgeous place! Your photos are magnificent. Thank you so much for sharing.
Wonderful pictures and I always did like that area but seldom went there. Also, that photo you put up yesterday which I hadn't seen is so pretty! I love yellows, oranges and purple together!
Our weekend was wonderful because the weather was so good and we only walked in the neighborhoods downtown or at the beach areas we know don't attract lots of people. Of course our weekly trip to the farmers' market in AG didn't happen because the strawberry festival is going on and draws thousands of people. Today we did a couple of walks already, one being to the Veterans' museum in SLO which is located below where you used to stay out on Monterey Street. I had always wanted to visit inside, and they had it open today for Memorial Day.
What a beautiful place, especially with the mix of colors from all the flowers. I can understand about avoiding the crowds. Some places are best enjoyed without a multitude of people.
Fine photos from and of a grand place!
roamer
a fence tempts all
to follow
Hi Sandy
Your photos are truly beautiful!
I loved seeing them!
I bet Hunt is excited to be going to be with his dad soon in Montana!
You will miss him though!
Many thanks for the empathetic and kind words on my last post!
I pray every day for my dear sister, and thank you for your prayers!
Love and prayers have been known to work wonders!
Blessings to you and yours!
Wow, beautiful photos! I love all the wildflowers. Sounds like a time of change for your grandson and also for you with him returning to be with his Dad. I hope you get to be with all four of your sons at once. That would be a welcome and fun reunion, I would imagine. :)
thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Margie - it's been so long - good to see you and all my best to your sister and your family.
Thanks Connie - I know at least 3 of them will be up there - not sure about the 4th.
Magyar - love the haiku.
thanks Barbara, Laura, Linda and Carol. Laura I figured your area would have lots of tourists.
Post a Comment