Thursday, May 26, 2016

WINTER AND SPRING - SAME HOUSE BUT IT'S BEEN PAINTED - WHICH DO YOU LIKE BEST.



A few months back (I take photos every time we pass this house in Twin Peaks)  I noticed the house had been painted.  I wonder if it is the same owners or if someone else bought it.  I rather like the red trim - which one do you like?  I also have a photo of the new paint on the house in the snow - the first pic was taken in winter of 2014 and the second one spring of 2016.



This Acorn Woodpecker stopped by the other day and when he bent down for food I could see the beautiful patterns of his feathers.




I came across this video of a beach area I haven't been to in years - my sister lived here in the 70's.  It's a drone going over the Wednesday Sunset series of sailboats.  I now know I need to visit there on a Wednesday.  I'm sad that we are actually going to be at the coast tomorrow - but not where this is taking place and also it would be  too late.  I saw where the sunset sailboat series is starting again for 2016.   Anyway if anyone does choose to watch it, it's definitely beautiful in full screen when the video gets to the part of the sailboats in front of the setting sun.



6 comments:

cat's momma said...

I saw this at another place you put it and asked why Wednesday and now I know by reading about it here. That is a beautiful video! What coastal area are you going to tomorrow? I really like the red trim on that house the best! And the woodpecker displayed some beautiful feathers!

sandy said...

We decided to not go to beach area tomorrow - we will just drop him off and come back locally somewhere like redlands - because of memorial day weekend freeways will be pretty crowded.

cat's momma said...

I was wondering about that, if you'd thought of how busy it's going to be tomorrow out on the roads. Is he going to his friend's place in Temecula?

sandy said...

yes and we were thinking of then going over the 74 to dana point area. but not tomorrow - shelved that idea. the town up here will be busy this weekend so very noisy around here no doubt.

Connie said...

I like the second photo of the house better, but I think it has more to do with the green trees and no snow than it does with the color of the trim. :) Great bird photos, and the video is beautiful.

Linda said...

Hi Sandy, I prefer the first photo of the house with the red! Beautiful photos, and I love the birds, too. The video is lovely!

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)