I saw this painting on line and loved the "light" in it. The painting is by a French Artist Jean-Baptiste-Camille-Corot 1976 to 1875.
I also love Rumi's writings.
The Guest House
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
________________________________________________________________________

5 comments:
That is a beautifully lit painting! And, of course, I love Rumi too.
Yes, the painting is beautiful.
I am a Rumi fan too.
Wow this is awesome photo and writing oh Jan would love this, atta girl! love it too lol
I'm glad you all like it - it's such an awesome poem and the painting makes me want to step into it and see what's inside that house. Just the lighting makes me feel good.
These are both lovely!
Post a Comment