The Christmas ads should be starting soon. We will be bombarded soon with everything Christmas.
Is it just me remembering this or is July the turning point when you start to get a sense that certan aisles in stores will be starting to display a few Christmas items. It will start out slow - maybe one aisle in Rite-Aid or CVS and within 2 months, it will take over a few more aisles. Big Lots will actually be moving all yard stuff out soon to move in their Christmas items and if I remember correctly this will happen before the month is out.
I've also noticed that Halloween items are the most popular holiday items next to Christmas.
I'm not looking forward to being inundated with all things Christmas starting in July but I hope Autumn comes really early this year - like next week.
What a pretty scene this is ....makes me want to go shopping.
Is it just me remembering this or is July the turning point when you start to get a sense that certan aisles in stores will be starting to display a few Christmas items. It will start out slow - maybe one aisle in Rite-Aid or CVS and within 2 months, it will take over a few more aisles. Big Lots will actually be moving all yard stuff out soon to move in their Christmas items and if I remember correctly this will happen before the month is out.
I've also noticed that Halloween items are the most popular holiday items next to Christmas.
I'm not looking forward to being inundated with all things Christmas starting in July but I hope Autumn comes really early this year - like next week.
What a pretty scene this is ....makes me want to go shopping.

3 comments:
Ugh...it is a pretty scene, BUT I never look forward to the Christmas "scene"!
I have become a cool weather person for the past few years. For some reason I can not stand being out in hot weather any more. Bob just reminded me that our year is half way over...so maybe that has something to do with the stores trying to sell early. The photo is nice!
Hi - nice to hear from you Brenda and thanks for your comments on the kids below.
Yeah I have noticed in the last five years it starts early in some stores - just an aisle or two but you know its coming big time. I don't tolerate heat that well anymore either.
Post a Comment